Hello. I am going through a rough time lately and since I am the more spiritual type, I want to deal with it in this way. I don't want any medications, talking to psychiatrist or psychologist is also not an option. I hope that you understand me.  I want to do it naturally, with some exercises, something that can help me. I was reading about some relaxation techniques, but I don't know how to apply those techniques to me.  Has anyone similar experience? What are the best Relaxation Techniques for Your Mind and Body? Anything that would be helpful? I would appreciate it.   

If you are the spiritual type, then yoga is an amazing thing for you. I am sure that you do know so many things about yoga, and that you know that yoga is a type of stretching and low-impact exercise which helps to relax all muscles in your body. How this distracts your mind from the problems? Easy, when you practice yoga, you can't focus only on each yoga pose. There is no room for your mind in this story. So, if you are spiritual type as you told, yoga is definitely a hot recommendation for you. Try it and I am sure that you will love it. 

Celebrity

Yes, yes yoga is OK, and I also recommend it to people, but when we are talking about yoga, you need to know that you should avoid doing yoga if you have physical problems. When I say physical problems, I refer to herniated disc, osteoporosis, or you are at risk for blood clots as well. In any other cases, you can practice it, but in any case, I would recommend you to consult your doctor about it. Also, you can try to meditate, because this will help you get relaxed as well. I mean, whatever technique you choose, you can't make a mistake. 

Oh, I have tried to meditate, trust me. I really did. But it seems so hard for me, I can't even overcome those first things in the meditation. I really didn't know that this is so hard. I also had an amazing mentor, he tried to teach me, he gave me some CD - s, he gave me some urls to see some advice, but still nothing. It is hard and I can't "clear" my mind from several thoughts. I was thinking about yoga, but to be honest I have never tried it. I think that I need to be flexible because of all those stretches up, and I am not. I think that this is one thing that stopped me in this. But now, when I am reading your advice and some other topics at this forum, this seems good for me. I don't have any health issues, at least I hope so.

Yes, the meditation is a little bit harder to beat since you really should turn off your mind and go to some zen stadium. But definitely, this is one of the best relaxation techniques for anxiety if you learn how to cope with it.  Besides those techniques, you can always do something that will relax your muscles. Usually, all of those techniques are the techniques that will relax all the muscles in your body and you will feel better.  Personally, I never was able to learn yoga and meditation and I also gave my best, but what to do? We always have some other great techniques to teach. 

Celebrity

I was able to teach yoga and meditation, but it was not easy. When they say that you need to clear your mind and to switch it off, they say it like it is easy. And it is not, trust me. But instead, why you don't try a visualization? You are probably wondering what this is right? Well, this technique is very similar to guided imagery in meditation, in which you imagine a peaceful scene but it is much easier because you can always imagine some pictures and the scans in your head, and you will like those photos.  What do you say about this one? 

I totally like it. No, I LOVE IT. I think that it is a proper time for me to try it because I do that all the time, but not for a long time. Yes, meditation is hard, isn't it? About this thing with visualization, I will try tonight. But, I am scared about one thing - what if this doesn't help me? Can I combine more of those techniques or not? People usually say that everyone should focus about one thing and to do just that, that combining more of them can have a side - effect. In my opinion, I don't think that this has to do something with this, that this is true in this case, but who can tell?