Keep praying, it does work, I just say to my higher power-"I'm trusting in you". And I just keep saying it. This whole experience has given me a totally different outlook on mental illness. My Dr. reminded me that there are people who live like that, and I can only hope that as we discover more about our hormones and brains that we can help those people. In the meantime, I can only recommend trust and prayer, and it will lift, you will be normal, soon. Strange as it may sound, especially now when you absolutely don't feel like it, sing. Put on your rockinest favourite tunes and belt it out. It does help. Also reruns of Faulty Towers. (Or 3 1/2 men  or whatever makes you laugh normally.) This is one case where it pays to fight.

take care, Mel

normally i'm in the agnostic category. However, I've been so afraid, i have actually prayed and MEANT it...lol.....maybe i'm more religious than i thought. I must say that the axienty has been reduced,at least for the last 4 days. At 1st i though my vision was so foggy due to the HORRIBLE depersonalization/derealization BUT...i think it really effects some folks eyesight,as well...Today most of the DP/DR has mostly gone however my eyesight is still all wonky. fuzzy yet...not?...hard to describe.i Think the lethargy i was having may have been a combo of the Flovent and the fact i cut out caffeine as i was afraid it would trigger the panic attacks and anxiety. Today i actually had a Diet MT Dew(my caffeine of choice) when i got up. I still feel it (7 1/2 days off it).....its still effecting me adversely. However,like you said Melody , I think it will just take time and praying that ALL the adverse effects go away. every day seems a VERY slight improvement. To be honest i am SO glad the the anxiety has lessened considerably and the anxiety has mostly subsided as,like you Melody I have a NEWFOUND respect and feeling of "WOW" at what people with anxiety disorder and/or other mental problems go through...i don't know how they have the strength as it was 2 and a half weeks for me and i was at the end of my rope. maybe prayer DOES work. ANYWAY here is to hoping and praying everyday gets better for ALL of us.

I'll throw in some prayers for you too, and maybe you should get an MD to check out the eyesight. Just some thoughts; I'm betting the eyesight is related. Maybe they can do something about it, or perhaps its important to treat that. Cutting caffeine cold turkey can make one very edgy. I was given tranquilizers, some people find them helpful, I only took one so I don't know, may be worth a try until it gets better. ?? Its such an unknown realm isn't it? If your eyesight allows reading, I found it did distract me. Coming of Age on Zoloft by Katherine Sharp is very readable, non fiction, all about these sort of disorders, especially in young people. Ms. Sharp is also a sufferer. Hmm, but for now, perhaps try comedy. All the best, Mel

it is INDEED an unknown realm!...lol...thanks for the prayers,too :) ....went to the Dr this past Monday......it's hard to say...as i told her the "side effects"...she did not dispute,in fact she agreed ,that it seems all the anxiety and depression and severe depersonalization all came when starting the Flovent/Albuterol.....hence....logically she agreed with me that stopping was the best thing and that that was the cause...as far as HOW LONG this lasts.....???.....lol...i think that is all pretty "individual" from what i read online......baseline 2 weeks is a good rule of thumb,i guess......this morning would be 2 weeks for me....i still have effects...but for the MOST part...getting back to normal....i believe most if not ALL the anxiety has dissipated.....but....my eyesight...still feels....off?....in fact I still feel, "off"...i dont know how to explain.....Monday morning before the Dr visit...i believe i had a HOT FLASH...at 1st i thought it was a panic attack....yet...there was no anxiety,really....no "panic"....it was more a flash up and down my body that cause alot of sweating on back of neck and forehead.....the way i have described that....all the women said it sounds EXACTLY like a hot flash.......all the women in my life (Mom, G-ma,Fiance)have said that it sound like i have described how their hot flashes feel......???...weird,huh?...i just HOPE i get back to "normal"....i AM glad that the anxiety and depression and suicidal stuff seems to have passed....just...VERY tired of just being a bit, "off"....but...like i said...you even said...a coupla weeks...then you STILL had effects after that......i think its highly individual, i guess....thanks for the writing...it helps to feel i'm not "alone"... :)

You bet you're not alone, I am glad to hear from you again, wondered how you were getting along. I sure hope it is all gone soon. I am off on holidays for a couple of weeks, but I'll check back and see when I get home if you are having more improvement. I am glad your MD is taking this seriously.
All the best, Mel

have a good time! :)
Jimmy

I've been on Flonase for over a week now, prescribed by my ENT for my slightly clogged left ear. The Flonase has done nothing to alleviate the feeling, but what is has done is caused me horrible, horrible anxiety and depression. I have always been susceptible to depression, but what I was feeling on this med was incredible. Even if I was keeping myself busy, every now and then I would just get this wave of DREAD in the back of my mind that would cause me to start thinking of worst case scenarios for my ailment. I am constantly waking up during the night to a racing, panicked mind. It got to the point where I was contemplating suicide because of a fear of permanent hearing loss. 

I stopped taking it today. I'm gonna call my ENT tomorrow and tell him about this and see what he says. Right now I feel okay, hoping it stays like this.

Anyways, I don't mean to scare people, especially considering it's possible the Flonase may not even be causing this. But I've never felt this bad before, so if I feel better after a few days of not taking it then I know for sure what was responsible.

Some other side effects I experience that may be from the Flonase:

- Dizziness, usually for the first 1-2 hours after taking it

- Tiredness/weakness (may be from the anxiety, so could be directly or indirectly linked)

- knee/lower back pain (occasionally)

the same thing happened to me.

I started flonase 2 weeks ago and used for only 3 days.  I got total anxiety.  any suggestion?

The same thing happened to me. I was prescribed flonase for my blocked ears. After just three days of usage, I got a very bad anxiety attack. I did not even know that it was anxiety until I went to see my doc and she me that it was anxiety and told to me stop using. I still have them.

I was given nasonex (like Flonase) by my doctor who never bothered to inquire if I had previous reactions to corticosteroids.  I guess it's my own stupid fault for not realizing that squirting them up your nose was not much different than taking them orally.  I was only on the spray about a week, around day 5 or so I started getting horrible panic attacks at nighT.  When it happened two days in a row I immediately linked it to a similar experience I had on prednisone, which I took 7 yrs ago during a bout of mono to keep my throat from swelling shut.  It was then I vowed that I think I would rather die than go thru the side effects of these types of medications again and yet here I am because my doctor didn't tell me a nasal spray can have system wide effects. 

Yesterday was my first day not using it and I still had a severe panic attack.  I also still have a headache from the c**p, sore throat, and sinus pain.  I know it's going to take some time to get out of my system.  This whole experience has made me extremely Leary of the rx drug world once again.

I have been taking Dramamine (OTC motion sickness medication) to combat the panic/anxiety when it kicks in.  It is extremely sedating to me so it knocks back the panic as well as relieves the dizziness and nausea the panic causes.  

I recently had an upper respiratory infection, could not hear out of left ear and left sinus was stopped up. Dr prescribed antibiotic and flonase. I thought at first it was the antibiotic causing me to feel anxious. I've been off of it for a week and continue to feel that way. I use the flonase in the morning and I feel jittery and irritable most of the day. If I took it at night as some people do, I don't think I could sleep.

I wonder if some of the people reporting sympoms here are also taking an oral decongestant, the antibiotic Levoquin, or predisone pills.  Because unlike nasal steroids, all 3 of these other drugs are documented to cause the anxiety sympoms people are describing, and all 3 would commonly be prescibed along with Flonase. 

This is great info. I've been using Flonase in combination with Claritin D 24hr daily, for years. I have been out of Flonase for about a week (switched pharmacies, just haven't picked it up). I have definitely noticed I've had less anxiety in the past 3-4 days. My nose is stuffy. But, feeling less anxious has been quite nice! I'm going to have a conversation with my doctor, and ask if there's an alternative nasal spray that I might try

I have used Flonase for the past three days in the mid morning.  The first day I felt extremely tired, and the second day, I had what I can only describe as an anxiety attack.  My throat felt tight, my heart was pounding, I was freaking out mentally.  This has never happened to me before, and it was a highly uncomfortable experience.  I didn't realize it was the Flonase, so I took it again today, again in the mid morning.  A few hours later, the same symptoms.  I'm not on any other medications and I've never had even a slight panic attack before, so I'm thinking it must be the Flonase.  Seeing that others went through the same thing helped calm me down a little.  Bye bye Flonase.