Hi there,
I would stop taking it right now! (Just shudder when I remember the anxiety it caused me.)

my son has been using flonase for the padt 5 days twice a day and he got so anxious over the weekend i had to call 911 for him. they came and calmed him down. they told me to see a psychologist. but i think its the flonase that caused his anxiety...i cut it right aftet that...i will see how he feels from now on...

my son has been on flonase for the past 5 days. i had to call 911 twice over the weekend because he got so anxious his bp was 155 over 80 and his heart rate about 120. he almost had a heart attack. the paramedics checked everything and said its panic attack. pls be adviced of this harmful medicine. i told him to gargle warm salt watet instead. hopefully it will help.

I had never experienced anxiety until Flonase, it took several weeks to get over this heart pounding horrid feeling. Believe me, it is the drug. I had sinus trouble all my life and then in my 40s got tested by a naturopath for food intolerance. I cut out the foods she told me were the problem and my stomach problems disappeared. And guess what? Though I went because I could not eat at all without pain, my life long sinus problems cleared up within days and two years later they have never returned. As well my joint pain disappeared. If your son has chronic sinus trouble I recommend getting him tested for food intolerance, it is worth it. I hope you will write in again and let us know how he is doing. I wish him well, and you, nothing is worse your child being sick.

First off according to the instructions, you are only suppose to do it once a day in each side.

I followed the instructions and I think most people do.

Hi, that stuff is bad, it put me into a depression with heavy anxiety and panic attacks. They should pull this product off the shelves. It took me a couple months to figure this out, I've only been off it for four days now and I'm feeling much better. I honestly believe the medical industry is constantly experimenting with us at our expense, I ended up quitting a job that became too much for me to handle, I regret ever starting with Flonase

I hope things will look up for you now. I agree with you about the drug industry. I have felt like a guinea pig for doctors prescriptions, and have had some scary side effects besides flonase. We must be very careful when trying any new prescription.

I have been taping down off my Benzodiazepine and actually doing pretty good. Not much anxiety or anything since the taper down. I started Flonase for Ragweed this Fall and I think it is causing me anxiety. I didn’t use Flonase today and I felt better. I think I’m going suffer from a little allergy so my anxiety will not be compromised. 10/14/2015

I think you are making the right decision. I would put up with the allergy as well rather than risk anxiety. I am afraid that it might no go away if you use Flonase too long. Sorry, don't mean to be a fear monger, but I'll never forget my experience with it. Have you tried pills for your allergies?

As a side effect of Lyme disease, my son had temporarily developed asthma, and his pediatrician prescribed Flovent (fluticasone propionate aerosol, i.e. Flonase). For the week and 1/2 he was using it, my son's personality drastically changed. He went from a calm, fun and happy-go-lucky child, even with Lyme disease, to one who would get anxious to the point of paranoia, and then would get severely depressed. It was frightening. The day I decided to stop the Flovent he was back to his normal, fun, happy self.
I have struggled with anxiety for about 14-15 years, and now looking back, I'm almost certain it all started around the same time I started using Flonase. Over the years, like others here have done, I asked several doctors about the possibility of Flonase contributing to my anxiety, and they all said not a chance.
I have ADHD, which is believed to be the cause of my anxiety (since people with ADD/ADHD are almost always forgetting things, running late, having to re-think and re-do things, and basically screwing up over and over, so over time you start expecting to fail at whatever you do. Please be nice to ADHD'ers.). I didn't learn that I have ADHD until I was 44, after having children. I haven't been able to effectively treat it because most of the medications for ADHD are stimulants, and when I tried taking them at the dosages needed to help with ADHD, the increased anxiety they caused prevented me from doing anything or making any decisions.
A couple weeks ago I stopped using Flonase - just because (thank you ADHD), I kept forgetting to refill my Rx. For once, ADHD has now worked in my favor. Not having used Flonase for 2 weeks, everyone around me has noticed that my anxiety level has gone way down. AND I tried taking ADHD meds again and I am tolerating the normal dose without any trouble! The fact that I'm able to type all of this tells me it is working.
My son used to get sinus infections 2-3 times/year that wouldn't go away without antibiotics, but he hasn't had one in 4 years now. What has worked for him, and what I also have started using, is a nasal spray solution of saline and xylitol. Xylitol is a safe, natural sweetener with anti-infective properties. You can buy it pre-mixed at health food stores and on Amazon (one brand is called XLear, but there are others). Or you can mix your own - much cheaper (check Google for recipes). We keep our spray bottles with our toothbrushes to remind us to use it at least twice a day. Crazy that it took so long for me to think about stopping the Flonase and using just the xylitol/saline for myself. I'm just going to blame that one on the ADHD!

I am sorry to hear that your son has lyme, my niece had it for years before being diagnosed. My doctor also flatly denied that my sudden severe anxiety had anything to do with Flonase. I had never experienced such feelings before and nothing else in my life had changed except the addition of Flonase. I am glad I did not listen to him and stopped taking it. I feel for you having anxiety and ADHD, not fun at all, and I'm sure a very great worry for you when your son started showing signs of anxiety. I was very interested to hear about your success with saline and Xylitol. I also finally stopped taking antibiotics for constant sinus infections by changing my diet. I got tested and found out I was intolerant to several foods. Once I cut them from my diet not only my sinuses but several other chronic health problems just went away and stayed away. If I ever get a cold now, which is rare, and I used to have them 70% of the time, I use baking soda and salt solution and use about 8 oz at once three times a day and it sure helps. Please don't blame yourself or ADHD for not figuring the saline and xylitol sooner, many people go for years and never figure out a way out of their sinus misery. May I suggest getting tested for food intolerance if you haven't already because I have read of eliminating allergens as helping to greatly reduce ADHD. Whatever you do, best wishes for good health to you and your son.

I busy got in the website to see for myself if I was crazy.
I'm not. 3 days without flonase and my anxiety is though the roof.

I'm newly into recovery, almost 9 months now, so I'm very cautious what I take.
My Dr. Told me flonase would help with my allergies. I ran out and didn't want to spend the money on more.
Oh my God, the anxiety is horrible. Coming from someone with panic attacks, and a dependency to xanax, in screwed.
In praying in a few days, I will go back to " normal".

Flonase/Nasonex almost killed me after having zero health issues other than a deviated septum that I was preparing to have corrected. The ENT suggested I take Nasonex for relief while waiting for surgery approval from my insurance company...a three month process. Woke up one night and thought I was having a heart attack. Told my wife to tell the kids I loved them as she drove me to the ER. ER told me I wasn't having a heart attack. They never told me what was causing my health issues. Over the next few weeks my body began to breakdown....like flooring your gas pedal while you're in park...and keeping it there. Joints began to hurt, perfect vision went to glasses, defecation was black. Anxiety attacks continued...being jolted out of my sleep at the same time every night ( I was taking Nasonex the same time every night before bed). My body began to be afraid of going to bed at night. As I discovered eventually, my adrenaline was turning on and not shutting off. Like being chased by a bear...but there was no bear. I was out of work for 6 months on disability leave...but no pay...because doctors could not point to a diagnosis, my company's workers comp plan refused benefits. On my first visit to the ER I was asked if I was taking any medications...thinking they were looking for a cause. When I told them I was taking Nasonex...they responded that they didn't carry it but that they did have Flonase. Massive anxiety attacks continued. Doctors wanted to prescribe drugs to treat symptoms...antidepressants ( I learned in this case can actually have the reverse effect) I refused. I felt like I was on the verge of hearing voices in my head. I remember thinking "I can't live like this". The thought of thinking "that" alarmed me. I Googled the two things different in my life...Nasonex & Massive Anxiety. I found this sight and discovered the source of my problem based on similar experiences. It was the light at the end of the tunnel that I needed to know there was a way out. After I stopped taking Nasonex/Flonase (corticosteroids) the beatings stopped but the recovery began. Through research I discovered that since my neurology was beaten up I needed to stay away from all stimulants and all depressants. The introduction of either was preventing my neurology from healing. My first and only beer (depressant) after quitting Nasonex brought on similar symptoms and triggered my research. No caffeine, no alchohol, no chocolate, no msg etc. A small price to pay to avoid what I had been through. Through research I also discovered that I needed to have my vitamin D level tested as the experience had the potential to ruin my body's ability to produce D. My D was rock bottom. As D is more than just a bone health vitamin (it functions like a hormone) I constantly felt fatigued and generally low in spirits. Taking D after discovering I was rock bottom was a life changer for me. My vision which had deteriorated, improved. What felt like the onset of arthritis at 47 yrs old, went away. Fatigue was gone and my spirits lifted. Memory improved. 3 years later I still notice improvements here and there as it's tough to know what is simply the result of aging. I don't think I'll ever be fully recovered..I currently feel about 96%. My hope is that this post helps someone as I empathize with anyone who has experienced any part of this. I should say that millions of people take Nasonex or Flonase without issue...and it provides them relief. But for those of us who react to corticosteriods, the problem is very real. My current doctor has equated it to a form of PTSD. Like the consequences of living off of too much adrenaline on the battle field, my situation was caused by a reaction to corticosteroids. Just because a doctor doesn't believe you, doesn't mean it isn't real. Find a doctor who will listen, who isn't mired in the thinking that if they're not aware of it, it must not be so. You are your own best advocate. Find a doctor who will partner with you. You can make it through this.