I am 16 years old and have always had a heart "skip" feeling but never very often untill the last few days. It mostly affects me when I try to sleep causing me to be short of breath and having the "heart stop" feeling. Ive been reading other posts and my symptoms are similar to anxiety attacks (such as slight shaking one night, skip beats and ever so often being short of breath). Is there another possibility other than this? Also if it is anxiety attacks, how can I be sure and what should I do about this?

Celebrity
If it anxiety or panic attacks you should give cbt a try. I highly recommend cbt for panic, anxiety and depression. If you can't afford a cbt group pick up a copy of Been there, done that? Do this! By sam obitz (tao3.com) and start doing the tea form exercise in it. This is one of the two books we used in my group. The more you work on the exercises the more relief you get, I am still improving today. Hang in there and let me know how you are doing.

I am panic free thanks to learning the cbt skills mentioned here. I would recommend both trying and sticking with them. I used this book also and the TEA forms are really good if you do them regularly :-|

if the feeling of your heart skipping a beat is your only symptom, that doesn't sound like anxiety.
this is usually just a minor heart condition. my mother has this and was diagnoses with an ekg. it's nothing serious. just an irregularity. but it's always best to know these things for sure.
i also thought i had the same condition because i experienced that feeling a few times. but for me, nothing showed up on the ekg which meant it was probably just a muscle spasm.

Celebrity
Stefan are you still posting? I would love to hear how you are doing now? Take care and I hope you are feeling great!