Hello, folks. My friends got a baby. However, it seems that she has some problems with her heart. My friends are talking something about taking her to the Blalock-Taussig shunt procedure. I would like to know whether ANybody is familiar with this procedure. I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance, guys.

Hello. Blalock-Taussig shunt is a form of surgical procedure. It has palliative effects in cyanotic heart defects. These defects can cause blue baby syndrome. This procedure is used to lead blood to the lungs. In this way, cyanosis will be relieved while baby waits for corrective surgery. One branch of subclavian artery or carotid artery is separated and connected with lungs. In this way, lungs receive more blood. You can ask for details from a pediatrician. I hope everything will be all right with the baby. Bye!