Hello! I am short sighted and I have been wearing glasses for some time. Since I am not fond of wearing glasses (but I have to) I have been trying to find the way how to avoid glasses. My friend told me about the lenses called Ortho K which are used to treat myopia. I have never heard about the. Anyone heard of The lenses called Ortho K?

Hello! Ortho K is a modern approach to a technique known as orthokeratology. Ortho K lenses are made from special highly oxygen permeable material. They are worn during the night to apply a controlled shape to the ‘window’ at the front of the eye (the cornea). On this way they eliminate the short sightedness with the effect which stays strong enough for functioning the entire day without eye glasses. Experience shows that the whole process is reversible. If you decide to stop wearing Ortho K the eyes will return to its original shape and you will see clearly with your glasses again.

Ortho k lenses or overnight correction contact lenses are a great way to avoid glasses and contact lenses during the day. The also slow down and in many cases halt the progression of myopia/short-sightedness. If you are based in the UK you can complete an online suitably test on igolenses.co.uk. And also book a free consultation is you are suitable. There is also a good research section where you can find out more about "myopiacontrol". I have been watering them now for 5 years, my prescription is -2.5. I would never go back to glasses. Jennifer