Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with type 2 eight years ago and I have good control over my BG. However, I'm really into natural foods and botanical supplements. I heard about Moringa for BG control and was wondering if any of you have tried it. I see they have Moringa tea and capsules. Does anyone know if it's worth a try. I was wondering if it would be good for weight control as well not to mention to maintain proper cholesterol levels and blood pressure. I know that these things are important for maintaining BG levels for the long term. Thanks.

Hi, I'm a type 2 and very much into natural foods and botanical supplements. I have tried Moringa and found that I like it. I know that it is a native tree to India but is now grown worldwide. Apparently, it has been used in Africa to manage diabetes for a long time. Some studies have demonstrated that it naturally boosts the immune system and as you are probably aware has been compromised in type 1 and 2. Moringa is supposed to have a number of anti-inflammatory benefits as well which is important for maintaining a healthy circulatory system. The Moringa leaves are supposed to great nutritional value. It is reported that it has 7 times the amount of vitamin C of oranges. 4 times the calcium found in milk, 4 times the amount of vitamin A in carrots, 2 times the amount of protein in milk and 3 times the potassium in bananas. All together, Moringa is supposed to have more than 90 nutrients and more than half of those are antioxidants. Moringa is often used in oatmeal, pastas and breads for its nutritional value. I've been using it as a tea and find it very soothing. But, I've only used it for a little over a month now so I'm not sure how effective it is. I just know that I like it. I'm a big tea drinker and take in a lot of green tea. I suggest you try it and see what you think.