I’m diagnosed of cervix cancer and am scheduled for surgery next week. I’d like to hear of possible complications after surgery and would like to know what my recovery period will be and if there’re some long term complications after surgery also?

Well, you haven’t mentioned what stage of cervix cancer you have. I had cervix cancer stage II had a surgery and went home 9 days after the surgery is done and that was it. I didn’t have any chemo or radio therapy. My uterus has been removed so I won’t be having my periods any more but my ovaries have been saved so I won’t experience premature menopause later. So anyway after your stitches are removed you can go home and you’ll probably be advised to take some drugs to relief your pain post op. and as for possible long term complications of surgery I guess that depends on the stage of cervix cancer in fact on how much cancer cells has spread but in general there’s small number of woman that experience long-term side effects of this surgery. For example hysterectomy may damage bowel and bladder so the patient risk to have some difficulties related and if the lymph nodes are removed than you may have swelling on your legs that’s because lymph fluid is unable to drain away for the glands are being removed. I don’t know I personally had no complications after surgery but if you experience some you better let your doc know about it.