Hello! I am Mark and I am fifteen. I don’t wear eye glasses and I don’t have any problems related to my vision. I spend much time with my computer. I am surfing through the internet; I often play computer games and I do sometimes my homework. My mother always says that my vision will be completely destroyed if I continue to spend so much time using my computer. How does frequent computer use impair your sight?

Hello! Young people usually think that their parents are always overreacting, and to be honest they sometimes do. But, in most cases parents are generally right. Using a computer can make a big difference in your eyes. The problem is you are blinking less while reading on your computer which can make your eyes dry. Staring at a lit screen can create the same harm as if being out in the sunlight. The result may be headaches, sensitive eyes, eye strain which may lead to decreased vision. You should always take a break from looking at the screen every hour and walk away completely giving your eyes a chance to relax.