I am not sure if this would be the correct site to start a conversation like this but I have a question. How can or will staring at a computer screen for about 14 hours a day affect your eyes and/or body later in life? I am in a online high school and I spend about 6 or 7 hours a day staring at a computer screen for school work and after school I usually spend about another 8 hours scrambling around on the internet or doing research which also requires me to stare at a computer screen. I have been looking around for an answer to this but I can’t seem to find a good one. My school recommends that I go outside and hang out with friends but I have no social life, I have no friends I can go out and hang out with to take breaks from the computer. I live in a rule area in New Zealand so making friends is pretty much impossible for me because of where I live and because I am not good with people.

Most probably you will have the tendency to acquire a computer vision syndrome. It is not considered an eye problem, but only encompasses the strain and pain you are experiencing in your eyes. But as you continue to stare at a computer all day, you will be at risk with the symptoms like Blurred vision, Double vision,Dry, red eyes, Eye irritation, Headaches and Neck or back pain. You can lessen these by making changes in your environment. You may change the lighting or reduce the glare, practice the 20-minute break and adjust your computer settings.