Hello all :-)

I'm a 24 year old female, the only medical history I have worth mentioning is chronic recurrent tonsilitis since I was 16- I am having them removed very soon thank goodness.

I have developed a skin condition over the past few years- the first was what I thought was a lump near my left ear on my cheek a few years ago, I thought it would go away but i got bigger...so being a life long popper/picker (yes bad I know but Im a very anxious person) i rammed a needle right into the centre of it.....yuk. hard white puss wormed out...im guessing it was a cyst because I also pulled out a hard core like lump...

over the past 18 months Ive been getting these cystic pimples on my upper neck, jawline and cheeks. They have very hard white ball-like things in them sometimes, and sometimes i can pull with tweezers and a lomg hard white thing comes out. They appear in clusters and alone, and normally have a hair in them. they are always hard lumps under the skin, sometimes with solid type white gunk, sometimes just the little white cores

The doctor has said cystic acne, but i really dont think its acne. I had a mild case when I was a teen. Nothing serious, it was on my back not my face.

doe this sound familliar to anyone??

It could be psychosis barbae. I have something similar (large, painful lumps under my chin and jawline) and my dad, who is a GP, diagnosed it as psychosis barbae. The problem I've found with that diagnosis is that mine DON'T have hairs in (or at least not that I've noticed), but yours seems to fit the bill.

You just described my situation to the Detail. I have gone to the hospital because the abscess like bumps will get so infected at times and Somehow w out any proper testing it was passed off as a MRSA infection. Yet there is no spreading to anywhere else but my cheek, jaw upper neck area. It feels as if there is a course hair running through my skin somehow connecting them all at times and then seems to move to another bump. I have been driven absolutely crazy with this nightmare, I too was diagnosed w cystic acne from a dermatologist but that's another misdiagnosis taken by a medical professional MIs-diagnosing. Acne doesn't move around like cysts in your neck!!!! Another possibility is carbuncles or seabecus cysts, which need to be removed. My problem is they seem to change form, I do notice throughout this 2 year nightmare, the consistent symptom is the hair knots I pull out or hairs I loose from that infected area.ive gone through diagnosis to diagnosis, and left thinking I pretty much have skin cancer as my last possibility.... Interesting thing is up until this all started, I too suffered from extreme tonsillitis and was infamous for any illness taking refuge ion my throat and infecting my tonsils to the point if cysts. I swear this has been hell, because whatever this is it isn't anything like what it appears to be. Any feedback would help.

could be eruptive vellus hair cysts which are commonly misdiagnosed as acne.