I have an urgent situation. My dog has two lumps on his paw! What can that be? I’ve never seen it before even though I’ve had dogs my entire life. I really hope it’s not serious. It seems so though.:// I need to wait for my dad to come and take him to the vet cause my mother won’t even think about it. She didn’t want us to get a dog in the first place. I can’t wait for my father to come. He said he’ll be here in a couple of days. I don’t know what to do till then. What do you think what might have caused these lumps?

It’s ok, don’t panic.

It really doesn’t have to be anything serious. And I am not just saying this to calm you down.

I know that everyone has this idea of tumors or even cancer when they hear the word lump, and that’s ok because in many cases those lumps really are caused by tumors and we must take them seriously.

But then again, there are some many harmless things that can also cause these lumps so it’s silly to go drama over nothing. Wait to see what the vet will say. I’m sure it’s nothing serious and your dog will be fine.

I agree! Don’t worry Kristen, everything is going to be fine. Did your dad come already?

It might be that your dog is having some sort of allergic reaction to something from the environment.

Did you check his paw? If not please do, examine it thoroughly and search for any foreign objects such as needles or wood stuck between the toes. It can easily be some injury that was not treated and it got infected.

It can also be lipoma. Benign tumors are a common thing but they are removable and not harmful, so there is no need to panic there.

Let us know here what did the vet say.

Hello to both. My dad told me he is coming tomorrow, but I’m not sure about that. :/ He was supposed to come two days ago but then he called to say that he has another work to do before he comes. I’m afraid that my dog has the worst option- cancer or some kind of malignant tumor and that it will be too late for him when my dad finally arrives. I know I’m being pessimistic about this, but wouldn’t you be if it was your dog who has lumps? I don’t know how to figure out the cause of these lumps on my own. ://

Hello.  There are a lot of causes of paw lumps in dogs. But I believe that those tree causes are very common for dogs. First, it is some infection that is caused by some foreign bodies. Sore or lump on your dog’s paw can be caused by some plant material, thorns, stickers etc that you can find at your dog’s paw. They all can cause very uncomfortable infection. A lick granuloma can also be the cause. Third cause is tumor. Some tumors can be very itchy and cause the dog to lick excessively. I really hope that it is not a tumor but you should know that it could be.

Hello guys. I am so glad that I found this site and this topic generally. My dog has some strange lump at his paw. This lump is not that big, it is middle. But the color of this lump is worrying me. The color is something between yellow, red and purple. I don’t have idea what could cause it because one day everything was OK, there was no lump, and the second day – here it is! My vet told me that he can’t look at it because it is full of pus. So I went to see some other, younger guy. Maybe he is younger but he know how to do his job. He saw some needle in my dog’s paw. It was small but as you can imagine, it was painful for him and this little needle caused a lot of damage. Recovery process was long, but thanks God that I found this vet.

Good day everyone.

A lot of things can be potential cause of paw lumps in dogs. In worst case it can be tumor, but I think that you should not freak out that soon. There is no need for it. When you notice lump or lumps you should check them alone, just to make sure is there some foreign object in your dog’s paw. If you can’t see anything, put some ice bandage on it.

If his paw is not getting better next day, than you should take him to the vet.

I had this problem with my dogs a lot of time and it usually was caused by hot ground, needle, nail or something from the outside when he was playing around.

Hey there. I totally forgot to mention that lump on dog paw can cause broken nail. That is also very common situation and this is something that really makes pet owners stressed.

In some worst case lump can be caused by mast or mastocytoma cell tumors. Surgery is necessary in this case as soon as possible. But I hope that this is not the case because it could be really bad.

You should also know that lumps can be caused by papilloma viruses but they are usually benign and painless.

Whenever you notice that something is going wrong with your dog you should visit the vet and consult him.

@Love-is-pet Thank you for trying to calm me down, I really appreciate it. But it’s not really possible in the moment like this. Lump on my dog’s paw is still here and it seems that my dad won’t come until Friday. I asked my mum to give me the money for the vet, but she said we need to wait for dad to come. No way I’m doing that. The thought that my dog might have malignant tumor is driving me crazy. Even though I’m aware that there’s a great chance it’s nothing serious. I borrowed the money from a friend, I’m taking him to the vet tomorrow.