I am 46 years old woman. Lately I have noticed that my stool is bloody. I searched online for what this could be and I came across colon cancer. It says that blood in the stool is a symptom of colon cancer. Is it possible that I might have it eventhough I don't have any other symptoms? Thanx.

It is very important that you go to see your doctor. Blood in the stool is not something that you should ignore. It is a symptom of colon cancer but I can't tell you if you have it or not. You need to be examined by a doctor and he will determine in what kind of condition you are. Growths arising from the inner wall of the large intestine are tumors of the colon and rectum. Benign tumors of the large intestine are called polyps and malignant ones are called cancers. Benign polyps do not spread to other parts of the body and they don't invade nearby tissue. They are not life threatening and can be easily removed during colonoscopy. However, benign polyps can become malignant over time if not removed from the large intestine. Most of the cancers of the large intestine are believed to have developed from polyps. Colonoscopy, blood tests, x-rays, ultrasound, tests for blood in the stool and many other tests are diagnostic tests for colon cancer. Treatment for colon cancer can be surgery, chemotherapy and radiation.