Hello. I'm 34 year old female and just recently I have found out that I'm pregnant. You can't imagine how happy I was when I heard about it because I waited for this child for a very long time.
This is my first pregnancy although I'm married for seven years now. Anyway, I'm now in my second month of pregnancy and these last couple of days I started to feel strange heart palpitations. I don’t know what could cause them because I have never had any problems with my heart. Can someone tell me more about this? Is this something normal or should I contact my cardiologist?

Hello. Your post made me interesting about all this and that’s why I did a small research on my own.
I have found out that maternal heart palpitations are common in pregnancy. In most cases we are talking about so called PVCs- premature ventricular contractions.
I don’t know how to describe it but most have the feeling that their heart is racing or beating irregularly. It is all caused by hormone changes, especially progesterone which is causing heart beating. I hope I answered your question. If you are still worried- there is nothing wrong in contacting your GP about it.