Hi! I am 48 years old female. A week ago I felt that my heart is stopping and then starting. It happen me few times, but I worry about that. Do you know what can be cause of that feeling?

Hi! I think that causes for your symptom are premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) or premature atrial contraction (PACs). But you should know that can be also other causes. The cause can be diagnosed by EKG or holter monitoring. PVCs and PACs are most often benign. My advice is to check your heart. If you have other symptoms, chest pain you should see a doctor soon as possible.

Hello. In August of 2007 my heart was stopping and starting. At times it would stop for 10 seconds or more. I had NO pain. I was breathing well. However I did get a little dizzy when it stopped for longer periods. I immediately went to a heart speacilist and he ordered a heart-cath scan to be performed asap. The results.....I had 4 blockages in arteries leading to my heart. 4 days later, after the doctors stabilized my heart, I had two bypasses. This is known in the realm of medicine as a CABG. Cardio Arterie Bypass Graft. This must be done in certain cases to preserve life. Please don't let anyone or anything intimidate you. Seek proper medical attention or go to an Emergency Room as soon as you can. Let the hospital know that you are having problems in your chest. This will ensure that you are seen by a medical professional quickly for an evaluation. Please do not let this go on without attention. If I had not gotten medical attention as quickly as I did....I probably would have died at the age of 44.