Hello! I am Mary and I am 24. I suffer from myopia for some period of time, actually since my school time. I wear glasses and to be honest I really would like to get rid of them. Since my myopia has been stabile for more then two years I started to think about the laser surgery. It would be nice not to wear eye glasses any more. But, the problem is I am too afraid of lasik surgery!

Hello! You should not be afraid since the procedure is fast and safe. First of all you have to visit your doctor and he will examine your eyes in order to see are you a candidate for LASIK surgery. He will also look for signs of dry eye disease, which must be treated before LASIK can be performed. It is an ambulatory procedure and the actual surgery usually takes less than five minutes. You will feel no pain because your eyes will be anesthetized with special drops. Complications are extremely rare but you should be aware there is always a slight chance that something unintended could occur.