I have had a bump under the skin by my nose for about 4 years now. I have tried “popping" it before but nothing ever came out. Recently it has gotten bigger and painful. Last night I barely touched it and puss came out of it. (I know this is gross) So I continued to squeeze it and all the sudden it felt like liquid from he bump was pushed out into my face under the skin and this morning I woke up and my face is all swollen around the bump and my right eye. I put ice on it for 45minutes and even took an antihistamine, the swelling hasn’t gone down =( does anyone have any advice for me on what it might be. I am going to try to see a doctor but I don’t have medical insurance

it sounds like a cyst or boil absess that grew and ruptured. It also sounds like it is infected (the pain). Dont hesitate to go see the doctor. Icing it won't help.

This sounds to me like a sebacous cyst has developed on your nose.

These are small sacs that can occur under the skin.

I had a facial sebacous cyst develop on my right cheek last year, i went to the doctor.

He told me that the cyst would have to be removed, so i had to go into hospital to have the procedure done.

I went in for the procedure in July 2005, i got it done and i didn't feel a thing..nothing! They numb the area with a local jab (you don't even feel this as they numb the area with a topical gel first!)

I got 5 stitches and my scar has faded considerably over the past few months. I feel that you will have to get this cyst removed but i wouldn't worry about it in the slightest as the procedure is minor. The procedure takes about 10-15 minutes or so.

15min and then they charge you $1000

Hey this can be really serious, I'm actually looking for info myself because I have a pimple that is infected and my left cheek is all swelled up. I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow, you really should see a doctor. my dad had a cyst when he was younger and it ruptured under the surface, drained inside, and he got blood poisoning, he nearly died. I'm not trying to scare you but it really can be serious.

i have the same problem right now, my mom thinks its acne because i have a pimple in the same area, but it feels like a bump inside of my face almost directly where my nose and cheek connect. my mom doesnt take it seriously but i am worried.

I had like a pimple 2 years ago .. it was huge and had no head on it so I kept picking and my eye swoll shut (it was between my nose and eye) so I had to go to the doctor and he just stuck a needle in it .. but ive just recenlty developed another and have no insurance and nothing is working! :$ Its embarrising and I dont know what else to do

You popped it backwards, and caused the infection to spread, you need to see the Doc A.S.A.P, he will perscribe you anti-biotics or offer other procedures to deal with this.

i have the same thing that you're describing i think, mines on my head just above my left eyebrow very near my nose. I've had it for about a year. and i did the same thing that you did and tried to 'pop it' but after a while it went really swollen and took up like half my forehead and it was really painful. but after like a week it shrunk back down and now that its been like a year you can hardly see it but it's still there like the tiniest little lump. um gonna go to the docs soon in case its like some sort of cancer
i think you should do the same.

good luck
x

I just got this 'lump' yesterday. it was originaly acne under the skin, then after a very hard/painful/ direct impact on it, its all swollen and painful. Its on my cheek and not the most attractive thing to have on a face. im gunna go to a doctor tomorrow (canada's health care should take care of this one) and hopefuly there is a fast and effective treatment and i'll repost once anything happens so anyone else with the same problem will know what to do.

cheers!

A lump under my skin came up right under the corner of my eye on the side of my nose. It is very sore and has caused me to have blurry vision. It's not moveable, it feels like it is on my bone. It is not noticable at this time by looking at me but it is sore and you can feel. Does anyone have any ideas?

READ THIS IF YOU HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM, THIS COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE!!! YES I AM TRYING TO SCARE YOU BECAUSE "This nothing to mess around with". I know this is an old post but if someeone else comes across this perhaps it will help them. ANY and I mean ANY infection on or around the head can be deadly because it can so easily spread to the brain and the results can be fatal. I AM NOT A DOCTOR, but I am a 30 year homicide detective which means I have investigated and attended autopsy's of hundreds of natural deaths as well. Over the years I have seen people who passed away due to what they thought was a simple infection on the face, neck, mouth nose and head. My own cousin was one of them, he had an abssesed tooth that became infected and died at the age of 30 as a result. Please see a Doctor right away and no matter how tempting, do not pick or touch it!!! If it appears infected, hot to the touch, red lines running from it, oozing puss, etc. get to the ER; health insurance or no health insurance. God Bless!

Hey im 19, i`ve had this bump beside my nose under my skin. I`ve had it for about3-4 years. It was unnoticeable but i could feel it under my skin and eventually left it alone and forgot about it. A few months ago I got a tiny tiny zit ontop of it over the skin and tried to pop it. Instead the stuff inside the bump sprayed out. So I squeezed it a few more times and figured i got all the stuff out. But it continues to fill or get infected and i just keep picking. I`ve done research and im fairly certain its a cyst. But I will be going to the doctor to hopefully get rid of it. And like previously mentioned the procedure to get rid of it is very simple and worst case scenario will leave a tiny scar. Nothing a scar removing cream or somethin of that sort wouldnt get rid of in time. I have tried popping it a couple times and felt it go on the inside of my skin, like under it. So i would recommend going to a doctor, the procedure is simple so it shouldnt hurt the bank account to much.

The same thing with me. I only got it recently ( only about a week) and i just noticed it was hard and large today when i was washing my face. I thought it was just a really big pimple, but after reading these comments im thinking twice. It is right on my cheek bone under my right eye. I have tried popping it and nothing came out only a little so i thought i was just a not ready zit. :( but i dont think that is the case and I'm worried i dont want to have to get stitches and have a scar on my cheek :(

I've got a comment to add and a question:

Comment: Relating to scars from removing bumps. I've had one removed from my forehead and the surgery was made by about the best surgeon in the business. End result is a scar for life, there's no denying it. This was less than a year a go so it will still get smaller and the redness will come down but there's no denying that there will be a scar. The bump was a bit less than centimer wide and a quite flat, maybe 1-2mm upwards. In hindsight, it is hard to say if I would do it again. The surgery and everything related to that was no hassle at all but the end result is as visible as the bump to say the least.

Question: I had the biggest zit on the planet (no kidding) 2 years back. I got antibiotics and all and just popped it after like a week when it got that white point on top. I had to keep squeezing for a few days afterwards as well as there was so much stuff in it. This was on my right cheek bone. Now, I thought that was the end of the story but unfortunately not. It has left me with a lump inside the cheek that has tunnels going towards the jaw and nose. It is several times bigger than the one that I had in my forehead and does not look like a bump (only makes my cheek bigger). The skin on top is pretty much perfect, it might have slightly redder color on certain point but no scar whatsoever. Does anyone else had similar issue and what have you done about it? I've gone to one skin specialist who was unsure what it was as it could be a lot of things but felt that since the skin on top of it is so good, that I should do nothing about it. Thinking of going to go get another opinion as well.