I am a black african female, i have been shaving since i was 14. as i got older i started to get shaving rash and my vagina area started to get dark. I didnt know what it was and was ashamed to talk about it. ive tried to wax, but it only made it worse Now my vagina area is full off ugly shaving bumps and dark area 's. Ive tried bleaching creams and also a few shaving bump stoppers but nothing helped. can someone please help me to get rid of my problem?, thank you

Hi there! I have the same problem. Here's a few tips that could help you. When you shave, a remnant of hair is left in the hair follicle. As this starts to grow out of the follicle, it may immediately curve round into the surrounding skin, because there is nothing to keep it straight. The in growing hair irritates the skin and can cause a lumpy reaction, especially in black skin. Hairs are most likely to in grow if you pull the skin while you are shaving, to get a close shave. Shave in the direction of the growth of the hairs. Use an electric razor or an ordinary single-blade razor. Double-blade or triple-blade razors give too close a shave. Prepare your skin before shaving, by using a good shaving gel, oil or foam, and thoroughly wet it into the hairs. Make sure you use a new razor each time. If it is electrical or blade, check it is clean. Have a good look for tiny yellow pustules, and redness and inflammation around the hair follicles or the tips of the in growing hairs – this could mean infection with staphylococci bacteria. If you can see them, try to get the tips of the in growing hairs out of the skin. If you think the rash is infected, dab on a mild antiseptic such as tea tree oil.

thanks, im gonna try it. i've bought a electrical shaver today. which shaving gel, oil or foam do you use?

Well, I usually steal it from my boyfriend! XD I figured out that there are no differences between shaving products for man and shaving products for woman. Shaving foams for man are even better if you ask me! :-D This foam he recently bought is called Balea or something, but it doesn't really matter, you can use practically any shaving foam. I always by those with "for sensitive skin" sign on them, yeah like it makes any difference. :-D

hi, i was just curious to know whether shaving with an electric razor helped, as i do have the same problem? ive tried everything and cant get rid of the scarring or razor bumps. were you able to get rid of the dark marks and bumps?

i was just curious as to whether the electric razor helped with the ingrown hairs? and did you find a solution to the scarring? i have the same problem and could use all the help i could get as it is unpleasant :(

Stop shaving. WTF!