I am curious to hear what are the herniated disc major problems when it comes to the treatment of herniated disc? The thing is that my dad was diagnosed with herniated disc almost 2 years ago and he is still in pain for this herniated disc condition but it is maybe due to the fact that until now all he has was non surgical treatment that was limited on using some meds as pain relievers and applying some hot and cold packages. How come his herniated disc condition hasn't improved at all and I am curious if some surgical treatment would help him solve this herniated disc major problem.

In many cases of herniated disc one of the major problems is actually determining the proper treatment and sometimes even years are needed to solve this but on the other hand one of the major problem related to herniated disc is also in delaying some sort of surgery. My dad has the same problem with herniated disc and he was finally advised to have chemonucleolysis whose major problem is that it is not that much effective as surgery and it in fact is sort of less invasive procedure that worked just fine in my dad's case and it consists of receiving cotrticosteroids through the vein and he was free of pain right after the procedure was performed and was also prescribed aspirin. Now he keeps occasionally treating his herniated disk problem alternately with hot and cold therapy.