Elderly patient with moderate stenosis of the aeortic valve needs hip replacement. would spinal block be preferred over general anastesia?

It depends on the patients health. Has there ever been any issues with anastesia before?
My father has coronary artery disease. He has had open heart surgery, stents in his heart and kidneys. On one of his surgeries (unfortunately he has had many) he did not want to wake from the anastesia.
We were always told that if he has surgery and under goes anestia the hospital needs to be equipped with a surgical heart team in case of problems. This may be the case here. Make sure the hospital has a good heart team in case problems arrive with the valve.
My father's last surgery (gall bladder removed) he underwent anestia without any problems.
Personally, having an anterior cervicle disc fusion several years ago, I would rather be put completely out than have a spinal block. But in this case I think it would depend on what the surgeons, especially the anastiaologist (spelling?), recommend.