Hi, I don’t see well for many years, and now my condition is worsening. I also don’t want to wear glasses or contact lenses any more. I want to do a lasik to reduce my dependency on glasses. Did anyone have this surgery, and how did it go?

Hi, my wife did lasik last December. Her eyesight has significantly improved since then. If I remember correctly, this operation permanently changes the shape of the cornea, using an excimer laser. The surgery lasted about half an hour. After that, my wife complained on burning and itching in her eye. She had a constant feeling that something was in her eye, and a doctor said it was normal. Also, her vision was hazy after lasik, and she was very sensitive on light. She wasn’t allowed to wear make-up or any cremes for two weeks after the surgery. If you want to do lasik, you have to be examined first, because they have to make shore that you’re a good candidate.