my 4 year old has been tested for gluten intolerance and it came back negative...
she seems much better and does not have bloating when she does not eat gluten.......
is it safe to take her off gluten and self diagnose?
her school say that they need a doctors note before they can continue making gluten free food for her......for now she eats at home until i can make them understand that i know my daughter and the doctors results are not relevant in this case.
any advise?
mandy

see if you can get her in to test for celiac.... or have you done so already? you will have to feed her gluten for every meal, most likely. even then, though, it does not always show up in blood work. this was the case for my mother.../.. she had to go for a biopsy, and lo and behold, that is what it was. for myself, as well. partly, i think, because i had already tried to cut gluten out of my diet for the most part. it is quite incredible how little we know about celiac, the disease seems like an epidemic, masking itself as other health conditions for a lot of people. good luck.

Tehra

I had a food sensitivity test done. It confirmed I had an allergy to gluten. I have had biopsies and do not have celiacs. Hope this helps.