:( My niece is 1 1/2 years old and everytime she poops she is in a severe amount of pain. She screams and crys all the time. The poops are not even hard to where she needs to strain herself. We have visited doctors but all they keep giving my niece are laxatives, they let her poop, but she is still in lots of pain. I really dont think that is normal and that it is something on the inside.

she could possibly have chrons disease... something to ask the dr.

Hi there,
I can imagine how painful can this be for here. The interesting fact is that she doesn’t have problems with hard stool or constipation. I am not sure how smart is to give your baby so much laxatives for long period of time. There has to be something else that is causing her pain that skipped doctors evaluation of the problem. Does the baby have any pain in her stomach or just at her bottom? If the pain is located at the stomach as well then this might be connected with her intestines. Is there a possibility that she has intestinal worms? I hope this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Danella