My sister is in her fourth month of pregnancy. It was already hard enough for her, and yet she has to fight with another thing. It seems that her urinary tract is infected. The doctors took blood and urine samples today, so tomorrow we will know something more. But, it would not hurt if we find out something right now, right? Will bladder infection in pregnancy affect her baby?

If treated on time, there should not be any problems for her baby. I will point out that bladder infection is not that uncommon during pregnancy. It is because the uterus is growing very big and it can damage the urine drainage, thus causing infection. I assume that the symptoms are already known to you: painful and frequent urinations, abdominal pain, blood in urine sometimes...But, since it was discovered early, it will be taken care of in time, so you little nephew or niece will be ok.