:-( My daughter will be 28 months old on March first. She has been popping on the toilet exclusivly (24/7) for two full months. She potty trained fine, but popping on the toilet was a different story. She was just scared to poop on the toilet, it was awful. So, for 11 days she held her poop in. She would not go in her diaper, she just would not go. We tried all the well known remedies, nothing worked. We ended up having to give her a glycerine suppository twice during the 11 days to make her poop. When we gave her the suppositorie both times it took her 5-7 hours to have a bowel movement. The label said a bm should occur 1/4 to 1 hour and to consult a doctor if a bm did not produce within 1 hour. We did not contact a doctor. On the twelth day she was relaxed playing with other children and she had "the feeling" and started pooping, she made it to the toilet for most of it. She was happy and from that day on pooped on the toilet all of the time(four or five times a day, she loved it). She never had an accident and we just chalked it up as an isolated insident. She was afraid of popping on the toilet, finally went on the toilet, and then realized it was o.k. So, now after two months of being fine, we are going on our tenth day of constipation. In the middle of the night she woke up crying and had to pee. She went and she said it hurt and was crying. The next day she held herself continuosly and never told me "mommy potty" or went indepently on the toilet like she had been doing. I would have to carry her in to the bath room and she would complain when she pottied. I called the doctor the next morning and we went in. I had blatter infections when I was young and I figured it was something along those lines. The colture came back fine and she did'nt have a yeast infection either. By this time she really was'nt complaining about her pee, she was just scared to go because it had hurt before. I think, she is two so she can vebalize things to me pretty well, but I don't know excatly what she is feeling. She has not pooped this whole time and we are thinking she is associating the pain of peeing with popping and holding it in. I don't know what caused the initial pain when she peeped. We have thought maybe the soap we used to wash her, because that was only her second potty after her bath. But, we always use the same soap and there was no bubble bath. Maybe she held it to long and it was painfull. We don't know the pain during urination was short live, but it has caused her to not poop. The doctor told us to give her meralax. We have given her a teaspoon every other day since Tuesday the 23rd and she has had three bm's, one just one little terd. She is in miserably pain, will not try to poop. She gets the sensation and just tightens up and screams. She wants to lay down all day or be held. We have tried everything to comfort her and let her know if she poops her belly will feel better. She says it hurts and will not try. The two times she did poop I had her in my arms while a sensation came and literally throw her on the toilet with her bawling and she could not help but to push. We think it's pchological, but we don't know what to do. I want to contact a specialist in this field to help us. We want to make sure she is o.k. and if it is pchological we need help getting her through this.

I have a 4.5 year old little girl, and she is very traumatized by pooping.  I have been the rounds with her, and all the laxatives, softeners, enimas, and suppositories.  I know a few things now I wish I new a few years ago, namely kids don't hold in poop due to control issues, which is what everyone told me at first.  Its a fear issue.  I joke now with her about how funny pooping is, and there is a great book called It Hurts When I Poop that I would recommend getting.  I wish I could go back and take away all my fustrating tantrums I had with her about poop, cause I know a lot of that went into the problem we're dealing with today.  Just know that she only will know how good pooping is if you find a way to make it a great experience.  There is a great article on encropsis or something like that on webMD.  It will take months of consistancy, but be patient, sit with her in the bathroom, find pooping games to play, make it fun.  Don't lose your cool, cause it can get worse, I know first hand.  She needs your help to figure this out, and she understands less about her problem than you can, so its up to you to teach her

JJjjj hah lolbs

My sisters daughter had the same problem! And now she's fine. She was scared of using the bathroom because it hurt her. And to the point where she would go and it would make get bleed a little and it was very hurtful to even see her go. We went to the doctor and he said that she did not consume too much water. And her system was "dryed up" we also gave her a teaspoon of olive oil. Three times a day. And she would poo fine. :) she's better. And sometimes in a blue moon she would be scared of the toilet (of course she's only 3.5 yrs) but she always ends up doing it. (I'm her baby sitter :) and aunt. So my experience with her has taught me lots of her bathroom problems.