My son is 10 months old and when he poops its not a not a normal bowel movement. I know this is going to sound crazy but when he poops it looks like little rabbit pellets. And the bad thing is it is hard for him to even poop out that liitle bit of a time. He strains really hard when trying to poop. And he drinks juice on a regular bases and eats healthy fruits and veggie babyfood to help him go easier but nothing is seemng to work. Can anyone tell me what i need to do? Please? :-)

Hi teenmom. I have a very good suggestion, which completely worked with my daughter's constipation when she was 5-10 mos. Give him some karo syrup (dark). It is in the baking isle at the grocery...by like the baking poweder, oils, and such. It is a brown bottle, with a blue label. You only need to put about a 1/2 tsp at first, no more than a tsp. Just mix it in his formula. It will turn the formula a little brown. I'm telling you...it works. Our first pediatrician (who left to teach before my daughter was a year...very sad :-( ) gave me the idea and now I tell everyone and it works, it really does.

Also, I would cut down on the juice and fruits...these can actually make him more constipated. He should only have 3-4 servings of fruits a day (which includes juices), and a serving is half a baby food jar. My daughter cannot tolerate a lot of fruit, it will either make her consitpated or have diarrhea...your son sounds the same.

Anyway, take my advice. If you have any other questions, let me know :-)

Thank you so much we have tryed the karo syrup once before and i guess we are going to have to go back to it. Thanks for replyiny so fast to my post and i will let you know how it works.

It might take more than one time for the Karo. I would try it a couple times a day, atleast, to start out. Our pediatrician said, you can give them as much as a tsp in each bottle feeding they have....it might just take a little while to work.

Good luck! Hopefully you're little guy starts feeling better ;-)

I have no clue why that says 20 year old son lol!!!! Thats so weird!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's funny...what even funnier is I didn't even notice it! XD