My daughter had a high fever yesterday and all through the night. She did not sleep very well either. When she woke up she had sores on her lips and her throat is red with white sores like her lips. She is very irritable and was lethargic and tired yesterday. Do you have any idea what this might be. I have ruled out hand foot and mouth disease because she does not have any sores on her hand or feet. She also does not put her feet in her mouth often.

When it comes to our babies, we need to react, especially when there is a fever that can't be brought down. (did you give tylenol)
If i were you, i would have her to her Doctor right away. It may be some kind of virus, which isn't treated with medication, or it could be bacterial, which is treated with medication. If it's a virus there is not much you can do for her exept to keep her comfortable, but you won't know unless you take her to the Doctor.