My daughter is two years old and she has a fever. Then we noticed that is not common fever because of some strange sores in her mouth, so we took her to the doctor. After some examinations he made, conclusion was that is stomatitis. I would like to know what cause this, was that my fault? Also, how treatable stomatitis is at such a young child?

Stomatitis or so called viral stomatits is common infection in kids. Usually it affects age between one or two years old or so. Child will typically run a fair amount of fever, drool quite a bit and will be very uncomfortable. If you look carefully, you could see some sores on the tongue. That could be the first clue, or perhaps sores around the mouth. There are known three main causes of stomatitis. First is Herpes labialis virus or cold sore virus, which tends to produce sores towards the front of the mouth, lips and tongue. Next is Heroangine, also herpes related virus that tends to affect the rear of the mouth around the tonsils. The last one is stomatitis caused by hand-foot-mouth syndrome. None of these infections are really very treatable beyond present symptom relief. This is viral disease in origin and we can just wait it out.