My older sister was diagnosed with colon cancer last week and she is in hospital receiving chemo therapy at the moment. She will be able to come home in a few days, after this course of chemo has been finished, hopefully. I'd like to help her and find out what she can do to battle the cancer. Are there any eating habits that are very important for colon cancer patients? I think that I will be preparing a large portion of her meals when she comes home, so I am hoping for some views.

Being overweight, or skipping meals and not eating enough, are both known causes of colon cancer and they are bad habits that every person should strive to avoid. Now your sister has already been diagnosed, she can take the opportunity to focus on eating healthily, avoid refined sugars and overly processed foods and eat three meals a day. I am sure that your sister's doctors will be able to advise her on this as well. If you'll be cooking for her, it might be a good idea to speak to them about this yourself.