My question is do 16-year old get cancer? It borders me for I think that my brother’s child has the same symptoms as his grandfather who died of colon cancer. He has lost a lot of weight and is having bowel movements problem and rectal bleeding. He was healthy child but those symptoms occurred recently and I don’t know what to think. Is it possible that 16-year old child get cancer?

It is possible for the disease never makes its “choices” on age’s basis. My young cousin has suffered from some other type of cancer but fortunately now he’s normal young man who goes regularly on his medical controls. As for the colon cancer it is very possible that in your case it is genetic related and no matter for he’s 16 he still can get cancer. And if he has symptoms for a long period of time meaning longer than ten days continuously then he better visit a doc and I’m pretty sure he’ll be advised to have a colonoscopy which is actually a screening test that is used for detecting possible cancer cells in the colon or in detecting possible polyps which are actually precancerous condition that if not treated may turn into invasive cancer one day. And these polyps may be removed during colonoscopy. Colon cancer is usually common in elder people but also it may happen that young people like your 16 years old cousin get colon cancer. Colon cancer is usually treated with colon surgery and it usually happens especially in more severe colon cancer cases that the colostomy is performed meaning that a special bag is about to be used for collecting the stools. I know that this is hard to accept but colostomy bag is usually only temporary solution and if colon cancer is treated on time there’re big chances for colostomy reversal.

how bout lung cancer

Sixteen year olds can and do get this kind of cancer. In January of 2005, my niece, then 16 years old, was diagnosed with colon cancer. She had been treated (incorrectly) for 3 months for Crohn's disease. Even though there had never been a colonoscopy done, this dr. decided that he new best. By the time they did surgery on Jan. 10. the cancer had eaten through the colon and into the abdominal cavity. After 11 months of horrible treatments and excrutiating pain, Bre lost her battle. So, please get your nephew to a good!!! dr ASAP!!!!! Good luck and I pray that his symptoms are from something else.

Any type of tobacco we use, as in form of chewing or smoking , can induce different types of cancers. With every cigarette you smoke, you come closer to the danger zone of tobacco-associated cancer.

So please don't smoke , your life is precious,don't through himself to the danger zone of cancer.

I again agree with what everyone else is saying, cancer does not care how old anyone is. But as far as the bowel movement problems and rectal bleeding it could be a hemeroid, as well. Not sure im not a doctor in any shape or form just putting in my two cents but be safe get it checked out as quickly as possible.

Im a 17 year old, and i noticed i STILL haven't started my period. And i also have an abnormal amounts of discharge. Could this be cervical cancer (It runs in the family). How should i tell my mother, and What should i tell her?

my mother was the same.

she was just told she could not have kids but here i am.

tell your mun you are concerned.

she will understand.

get it checked out asap!

i am deffinatly not a doctor lol i'm 14

okay. so i have been haviing funny symptoms such as dissy nuss, fever, wierd bups, coughing blood and more!!! should i go to the doctor?? do i have cancer??

Can a catheter prove if you have cancer?

Ive never had cancer but i wouldn't want to experience it and then die afterwards...but colon cancer is A very bad thing because some of the symptoms of it can be life-threatening and you can some times die if you don't contact a GP or dotor .... That know what medications you ha e to take and how to treat it probably