I think I have a very weird situation here. This has happened several time in the past year and always happens for about 3-4 days following back strain like lifting wrong or mopping my house (it's a LOT of mopping). Anyway, when I strain my back, everytime I eat a meal, within one hour, I get in some much pain, in the mid to lower back area, that I can't stand up. I feels like my back is tring to rip itself away from my body. Also, when this happens, I constantly burp which seems to releive the back pain. Once the food is digested (usually about 3 hours later), I'm absolutely fine. I get then get up, walk around, and do whatever I want except eat.

I've had some people tell me it sounded like my gall bladder but this only happens after back strain and the pain is all the way across my back, not on one side. Also, it doesn't matter what I eat, as long as there is food in my stomach, the pain starts.

If anyone has any clue what this is caused from, I'm all ears. I tried Tagament and it did nothing.

hi there did you find out what this was as I have the same

Many thanks,

Amy
:)

i have the exact same symptoms right now

i eat and 1 hour later my entire back hurts for 3 hours

any info?

I have had similar problems. I frequently have stomach pain with excessive burping and a range of other problems. It doesn't happen because I strained my back, but I've come to believe that it happens when an area in my back tightens up, therefore restricting my digestion somehow. Massaging the area often brings relief. It is located on my left side, about 4-5 inches above my waist, and 3-4 inches to the left of my spine. I put my hand on my side and poke around with my thumb until I find this pressure point, then I just dig on it with my thumb. I would suggest massaging the area of your back strain after you eat to keep it from tightening up.

I'm not a doctor and I don't know much about this, but I've had a couple friends with the same situation end up finding out they had gallstones. They got them removed and then were fine.

I've got the identical symptoms, and it has happened twice.
I get lower back pain, a few inches above the waist, a few inches to the right of the spine. This time, I was at Lowes, about to buy a dozen concrete
pavers, and went to lift the first one, and my lower right back felt like an electric jolt and a sledgehammer strike all in one. Forget about the pavers, it was all I could do to get back to the car. The last time, I went to my chiropractor, he said something about lower lumbar misaligned, pushed, heard an audible pop in the lower back, and two days later the pain (which was about two weeks old at this point) was gone. Yes, it is true about finding a good chiropractor...carpal tunnel, shoulder pain, headaches, a lot more than just back pain. But I'll need my wife to drive me there at this point.

hi

im the guest that posted on 12/18/07... my symptoms went away after a week or so but now they are back!

im stuck here unable to eat anything and ive already missed 2 days of work

doctors have no clue whats wrong with me

my ultrasound and blood work was normal last december, but they are going to re-test it

same thing... i eat and an hour later massive back and shoulder pain for 2-3 hours

any more help on this?! :-(

I am having the same symptoms. I get a terrible pain in the back like gas is trapped there. I burp a lot. It lasts an hour or two and goes away. I've had it 4 times in 6 weeks and it is terrible. I have a dr's appointment next week. Hope you found out the cause jrd33.

Have you considered a food allergy or sensitivity?
For instance, if I eat too many eggs, or too much milk, I get severe pain in my back (feels like knives stabbing between my shoulders) and I have to go sit in the bathroom, if I can burp, and probably spit up it gets better.
I will try to down a saltine and an antacid.
Saltine, seems to absorb stuff. I don't know...
Anyway worth a thought.
And like the other poster said, get your gall bladder checked out. I think I need to also.

I get the exact same thing... Back aches, I cannot walk, I go to the bathroom and usually have to induce throwing up! It does not break until I throw up enough and then burp. I have trouble burping on a daily basis. I have no idea what it is! I need to find out ASAP

Hi, I just had one of these attacks last night - also 2 to3 hours. My husband and managed to rule out all the foods I'd eatten that day so started looking atbehaviour. We identitfied that I get this every time I lie in bed on my side reading for too long (as I was last night). We then traced the first time I experienced this (I get it every 2 months or so) back to when I first started reading in bed - 2002. So I recon their is something preventing me from expelling air / exhaling correctly when I lie down (on my left side - although the pain was mostly central, eminating from the shoulderblade area). As per all your suggestions I will look into gallbladder as a possible cause, as I would like to be able to read in bed like everyone else! Goodluck and Thank you for your ideas.

I had the symptoms like you all have. Have been to 2 gastroenterologist and both diagnosed me as having GERD (acid reflux). They both prescribed me with PPI which is Prilosec OTC and now, felt much better. I am so afraid that after the course of my medicine, my reflux will go back and will feel the symptoms again ( left upper back pain, nausea, heart palpitation, difficulty of breathing ). To all of you who posted here, try to go to a gastroenterologist.

I have a similar condition and has bothered me for 2 weeks now,, I strained too much trying to remove some saww palmetto plants that were growing near my fence. I had back pain 2 days later and then it localized into my lower left side of the back, then the excessive gas started. I tried back massagers, aspirin, and heat, It helped a bit, but now it is back , i am going to have to go to the doc and have some imaging/tests done to try to determine the cause.

I have had this problem for years.... except I can lift heavy things with no problems.

I only recently found out that I can't eat egg whites, scrambled eggs, or peanut butter. (I can eat egg yolks alone.)

Malox helps a lot. Usually the back pain goes away in less than an hour. A heating pad will also help, but it will take long for it to work.

i have been having stomach problems and have exclusive burping which hurts me and i cant stop . ive had this problem for years and no one can anser why . i have looked for hours at a time on the internet . gone to many daoctors and profisonals