I often have stomach discomfort after I eat and in the morning. I also feel bloated and burp A LOT. Recently my tongue has swollen and my jaw is sore. My stomach also hurts nonstop throughout the day and disrupts my sleeping at night. I'm fatigued and feel weak, and I'm never hungry. I've been tested for Celiac, but the test came back negative. Any ideas of what these symptoms could indicate?

Did you find an answer to your question? I have been experiencing the same exact thing... :(

Hey guys, my name is Paul, and I would like to know more because my aunt is going through a similar thing. Can you tell me more about your diet habits, what do you eat every morning? It isn't Celiac disease, but I think in my aunt's case, as well as in yours that this could be an allergic reaction because of the bloated stomach as well as swollen tongue. Perhaps the best thing you should do now is pay a visit to your doctor, run some tests, blood and urine, also a stool examination if needed. Please let me know how it went.

I get a swollen stomach and burp a lot especially in the evenings, I also have a swollen sore tongue

I recently found the answer, I was suffering from a bloated stomach and a swollen tongue, I have found that cutting out onions and garlic from my diet has cured me. Before this I tried cutting out wheat, dairy but it made no difference, so for me no onions and garlic is the answer.

oh me too. im 8 weeks pregnant and i have been having this burping problem since 1 month. it was severe along with bad stomach upset in the first 2 weeks, i used to cry and cry. i force food into my stomach bcoz i dont fell hungry. if i feel hungry and eat a little more then in next 10 mins il start feeling heavy and burp and burp. if i try to burp too much i end up vomiting. im seriosly not eating anything. in a day i have 1 small bread in the morning, a cup of fruit yogurt and cup noodles for dinner. this is so less but i feel like i have eaten 10 days food in 1 meal and feel so heavy. oh thr r even guests coming home every weekend. i dont know wat to cook for them wen i cant even take the smell of the kitchen. its really hard. shud i go to my doc and ask if its normal and ask for medication, i dont know.

I have been feeling sick for the last 3 months and sounds similar to what you guys are describing. i feel like they've done every test on me. I was told by many doctors that this is anxiety. i told them that when i am eating, i don't feel anxious! i don't have any idea why this came on when it did, i'm 24 and have been perfectly healthy the rest of my life. i am always tired, i feel like my joints hurt (seems like mostly at night and the day after i have alcohol of any sort) i feel like my belly is too big for my insides, eyes are sore.
they've tested for celiac -- which came back negative -- however i was on a gluten free diet for 3 weeks and felt better (or so i thought).
sometimes i feel dizzy and most of the time nauseated. i've had a barium swallow that didn't show anything, ultrasounds on all my inner organs, tons of blood tests...etc.
i'm so sick of being sick! i just want to get better. anyone have any suggestions?!

Have you had a thyroid test, or have your sugar levels tests. Does your hair fall out when washing it? Your joints ache? These are signs of thyroid issues, especially fatigue.

It sounds like the majority of your problems could be caused by adrenal fatigue and possibly a combination of food/sugar allergy. I would recommend seeing a Naturopath or Chinease medicine doctor. They are really better suited to treating metabolic disorders. Usually, if the Naturopath is classically trained they can read the tests already done on you to see things that other doctors can't.

For example, I didn't realize my iron was low (because it showed up in tests as being within limits). But a Naturopath looked at my blood work and taking family medical history realized that I really was deficent in that and some other things. While I'm not completely healed yet, I feel a hell of a lot better and more than the regular Western doctors had done for me.

As a follow-up: did you also get tested for Lyme Disease? It would explain how you feel, but not the bloating you are experiencing.

Good luck in your search. :D

Wow...we live in Colorado too. My son is experiencing the same discomfort and is embarrassed by the contstant burping and stomach pain, so much so, he's afraid to enjoy a simple school dance or night at the movies. We've taken him to the hospital for xrays and they did that barium test and had him tested for Celiac Disease which they could not be sure with the results what his problem was. We changed his diet to gluten free but still no relief. He's been treated multiple times for Giardia also. Help!

You might want to have a doctor check you for hepatitis. It can cause many of the symptoms described here: bloating, burping, stomach pain, flatulence, weakness, extreme tiredness, etc. I had hepatitis years ago and this all sounds very familiar to me. Testing for it is an option.

Hi all.
I've had this problem for years. The doctors also thought it was celiac but tests were negative. I got scoped and the doc then told me I had gastritus which is an inflamation of the intestines and treatable with medication.
It was supposed to clear up in a couple weeks, but I've had it for almost 10 years now. If I stop taking the meds or lighten up on the dosage, the pains come back.
I get a bad stomach ache when I'm hungry and after eating, it feels better. However, I have a lot of gas and burp ALL the time.
Again, medicine has helped. I'm currently taking 300 mg of ranitidine as prescribed by my doctor.
Talk to your doctor about it.

I am so sorry to read these entries..living with any ongoing condition wears you down and causes major frustratoin. The burping reminds me of my sons that were both diagnosed with acid reflux...the medicine will stop some of the stomach pain - esp. after eating and it will limit hiccups/burping (but not completely). Have they ruled out acid reflux?

Try drinking some apple cider vinegar with mother in it.... drink 3 times a day and you should feel better in the morning afternoon and at night before you go to bed