Hello....I am 22 years old, and I have had the worst period problems since I was in high school. I had surgery for endometreosis in 2005 and they had to remove a cist also in that surgery. I went on birth control pills after that up until I got married last year. During November 2006 we decided to try and have a baby. We tried for about 2 months but no luck with me having a period so I could get pregnant. So the doctor put me on Metformin in January 2007 and I have had the worst pains from nauesa, moodiness, bad ovarian cramps and sharp pains in my stomach. I have bad headaches, backaches, and now I am finding blood in my stool. I feel tired all of the time and I just feel all around bad all of the time. So I have been on this medicine and still no period and it has been 7 weeks. I don't know how much longer I can take this med. Does anyone know anything about this?

I NEED HELP WITH THIS PLEASE!!! Thank you!

I have PCOS. This is caused by having to much testostorne in your body, and not enough progestrone. When you take birth control it helps to level the two out, therefore resulting in a period. I also don't have regular periods, and I to am trying to get pregent. I have been taking Metformin, now for about a year and half. If your dose isn't high enough, it will make you feel like you got hit by a bus all the time. Metformin did not cause me to have a period though. My doctor tells me that it is really bad for the lining of your uterus to go months and months with out a period. He prescribes me Premetrium, which is nothing but straight progestrone. You have to take it for 10 days and then you should have a cycle somewhere between the 11-13 day. Keep in mind, if you take this, it is straght hormones, and you could be very moody and emotional, but will cause you to start your cycle. As for the trying to get pregant part, I am also on Clomid. This is a fertility drug that you take 5 days after your cycle on days 5 -9. This is my first month taking this, so I am not sure if it will work or not. Hopefully this will help. If you reserach PCOS you will find that your diet can also play a big part.