Few days ago I had lasik surgery. Now I have inflammatation and scarring. Are this only bad days after lasik or this is some kind of infections? Doctor didn’t tell me before operation that I will have this kind of problem. Thanks!

HI! What are you waiting? See your doctor immediately! You need antibiotics. You probably have Diffuse Lamellar Keratitis, also nicknamed "Sands of the Sahara,”. This disease can occur with the appearance of dead cells called "infiltrates" underneath the LASIK flap. The cornea then reacts to the presence of foreign matter, causing inflammation and scarring. Potentially permanent vision loss can occur if there is no prompt treatment with therapies such as antibiotics and topical steroids. The flap also might need to be lifted and scraped for removal of infiltrates and epithelial in-growth.