Hello, As the subject states I have pimples that appear in those spots very often. It usually reoccurs around the same area, but now it is spreading a little.

I used to pop them, and now my skin on my armpit and crotch is scarred and slightly deformed. I don't pop them anymore though. Should this be a serious thing or is it just an effect of puberty?

I AM FEMAL AND 22, I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM AS WELL BETWEEN MY LEGS ( INNER THIGHS ) AND UNDER ARMS I ONCE HAD TO GO THE DOCTOR TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM TO GET THEM DRAINED I WAS 09- OR 10. IT'S NOT CANCER, IT'S ACNE AND IT'S HEREDITARY THINK HARD DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE THE SAME CONDITION? MY BROTHER ANGEL DOES BUT HE'S A BOY SO IT'S DIFFERENT. MY SERIOUS ADVICE TO YOU GET AN ADULT ACNE TREATMENT OK FOR YOU BODY. ( I LIKE TO USE PERSA GEL 10 OR A BLACK HEAD SCRUB AND THEN RELEIGEOUSLY USE CREAMS AN LOTIONS TO LIGHTEN THE AREA ISOMETIMES USE MY 1 YEAR OLDS BALMEX. IT'S SKIN IRRATATION THAT PART OF THE BODY HOLDS ALOT OF SWEAT AND INFECTION. PALMER FADE LOTION IS GOOD TO! IF YOU LOOSE WEIGHT IT DOES GET BETTE OBVIOUSLY THE SKIN PORES ARE INFECTED. MY MOTHER SUFFERS FROM THIS TO HERS IS MUCH BETTER THEN MINE, NO ACNE NO BUMPS JUST DARK SKIN. BUT SHE IS VERY CLEAN.

Hi, I'm also e female 24 and got the same problem. I had this problem since I was about 12 years old. I have these pimples, blackheads and a dark skin on my armpit. What can I do about it?

i am 13 and i have small pimples on my vagina and i had like 4 under my armpit....i'm afraid i have a disease and am afraid to tell my father or to go to the doctors...i dont want to tell my dad because he might try to beat my .....for having sex.i use a condom everytime.....is it possible that i have a disease....i had them b4 but they went away...now they are comin back.the bumps are not all over its just like 2 or 3 on my vagina.i'm really afraid and just need someone to help me....does anyone have any advise.{i've seen pictures of herpes and genital warts but my bumps dont look that big....they just look like regular little pimples dat someone might have on there forehead or something}....pllllllzzzzzzzzzzz help.

best of all assuming.....bad

go to a doctor skin specialist .... peace of mind... safety... if prblm identify when it is in initial stage..

friend :-)

i have them too and my arm pit hair is growing into them and they are hurting really badly!!! i dont knoww what to do cause i cant shave my arm pit because it hurts too much buti dont want to have harry pits!!!!! im only 13 years old what do i do

Hello everyone...Just wanted to comment on the situation you all seem to be having. I have this same problem and after doing some research, I have come find out about Hydradinitis Suppurativa ( sp?) which explains the symptoms we are all having...It's a fairly common disease of the sweat glands..You should definitely talk to a doctor about the situation ( i know im going to! ), they have seen it many times before and are there to help! I know now I will feel alot more comfortable talking to a doctor about this since it is more common that I though! Good luck!

What you guys are experiencing is called Hidradentitis Supprativa.
I've suffered from it since I was about seven or eight. It's a very deep form of acne, that's why it causes deep cysts and boils, as well as black heads and pustules. Scarring from the boils can lead to tracts under the skin, so that's why sometimes they reappear in the same places. Due to over a decade of messing with it, I also have scarring in my crotch and armpits (pitting, etc). There is little that can be done about this. If the tracts are severe, they can be surgically removed, but this is an extreme measure.
The reason it only occurs in your crotch/armpit/breast area is because there are certain kinds of sweat glands (apocrine glands) that start secreting at puberty (this is what causes B.O), so often people start having boils, etc at puberty.
I've been seeing dermatologists about HS as long as I have had it; unfortunately there is no hard and fast cure. Taking antibiotics during an outbreak can help, or continuous antibiotics (like Doryx) are often an option, but there is nothing guaranteed to work. Steroid injections may also be administered to the boil.
HS can be extremely painful; it is difficult to have to sit or exercise when you have a boil the size of a golf ball on the your bum. I think we can all consider ourselves lucky, as it sounds like we have mild to moderate cases. Many cases can be debilitating. It isn't a very common disease, it affects only about 2% of the population, but dermatologists and family doctors are familiar with it, boils are pretty common.
If you are especially bothered, a simple anti inflamatory (like Advil, Tylenol, Aleve) will help with the inflammation and the pain. A warm compress will also help, and is soothing. If it is too hot, it may cause it to expand and burst. If it does burst or you decide to drain it, be sterile. I have suffered the repercussion of non sterile draining; it can cause more infection and terrible scarring, along with being very painful. Just make sure to keep it clean with antibacterial soap and water, and apply neosporin and band aids regularly.

I hope this has been helpful. I think a lot more people suffer from this and are poorly educated on it. I am lucky enough to have a nurse for a mother, who is also a sufferer of HS.
This is a link to a support foundation:

Good luck, hope this helps!
Liz

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

that was very helpful..thankyou! im just really scared because im only 15 and i have never ever had sex or even thought about sex and im scared thats what my mom would think if i told her about the pimple..thankyou for the help

Hey im only 15 and I found these pimple like bumps in that area and I don't know where I got it from because I'm not sexual active I promise my mom that I won't have sex until marriage n I don't think it about my period because it's wierd I don't have periods like everythree to five mouths n my mom don't even knows about that. It just that I can't tell her anything because she judges me like last yard I told her that I'm lesbian n she kicked me out out the house until she came to realize that she has to love the way I'm am . N know I can't tell her anything n I'm scared I don't know what to do I think I'm going to tell her it thhe best thing to do

Quote:

You have to be extremely careful with shaving ingrown hair since you can lead to a very sever skin infection where a surgical procedure may be required.

tell your parents and go to the dermtologist. Hiding it won't get you anywhere. It is most likely severe acne, what "Liz" said is very true. My dermatologist has me on antibiotics and using clindamycin phosphate topical lotion. Also, talking to a gynecologist about whether or not it could be caused by a hormone imbalance is also a good idea. Using a salt stick instead of deodorant is helpful as well. There isn't a cure, so try not to pop the bumps. This can lead to awful looking scar tissue! Good luck, and I'm sorry you have to go through this too!

Hey people I definately know what your going through...that's why I used boil ease down there and it gets rid of it...so basically all you have to do is clean very gently where the problem is....then gently wipe with a medicated wipe...then put boil ointment on there...they sometimes go away on there own...but sometimes you need to give it a push...don't be scared...trust me I thought I was going crazy...puberty can really mess with the body and its emotions...and sometimes emotions can cause acne everywhere including genitals...late periods...Lmao ...one time I thought I was the virgin Mary...and don't be scared to talk to your parents..they might be as understanding as you think...

i have them often on my underarms as well, but what reallys works well, is poke it with a needle when the white head begins to appear, draw out that white head by using a hot towel and placing it over your underarm serveral times whenever you have time in a day. When that white head appears, pop it with a sterile needle and try to squeeze all the blood/pus out and when you think you've run it dry, apply a tylneol/advil paste to it. <-- just crush a couple tylenol or advil or any kind of ibuprofren tablets with very very little water, just enough to make a paste and apply it to the affected area. if you wanna run around the house you should put a bandaid over it, but if you dont have to move around then leave it be. hope it works!

I have the same problem and I'm 25 I've had them four or five and I've talked to doctors all they do is give you anti bionotics and drain it thats all the pills didn't work I still have them and they hurt I'mscared to wear short sleves or halter dresses I can shave or put deodorant on because it burns on open ones but if it open it gives a awful smell and its hard to cover the smell. I've tried clearisol no luck what can I do.