Hello, I am 17 years old and I have a wisdom tooth infection. I had a pain so I went to see my dentist. He told me that I have an infection and that I should have come earlier. I don't know why I haven't, I think that I had too many things to do and that I believe that this will go away soon. But, it was a mistake. Well, the doctor says it has to go out, but I am petrified I have to say. I don't know what to expect? Anyone in here with similar experience? Let me know if there a reason to be scared. 

Hello there, if a doctor says that it has to go out, it has to. You should not argue about this because the infections can be really dangerous. I understand that you are scared about this whole situation, but you have to keep in your mind that infections should scare you the most. So, if you are worried about this, I suggest you talk to some other dentist in order to hear his opinion, but when the condition is in that shape, such as infection, I think that you should react on time because you don't want any of these come in the contact with your blood, etc.? 

Celebrity

When it comes to a wisdom tooth infection and when your doctor says that your tooth has to go out, it has to. There is no doubt about this.

You can make it only worse, I get this thing that you are scared, but it is a normal thing and it can happen to anyone. You don't want this to cause you some issues, right?

Also, it is not just the pain that this tooth is causing you, it can cause a ores throat and swollen lymph glands just under the jaw, which can also be really bad. So, do it if your doctor says that you should do it. 

That is correct. I had this problem as well and I remember that I have been really worried when I needed to get this tooth out. So, I did everything to step down the process believing that it will be over soon, that pain will go away and that my tooth will be healed. Wrong. The only thing that I did is more damage. Don't do that if you want to prevent a an infection since you can deal with an infection after wisdom tooth removal as well. Listen to your doctor, because it can be serious and you can have aftermath because you believed that your tooth is going to be ok. 

I understand that you are scared. It can be really heavy surgery, especially if the root is problematic, so it can last for a couple of hours. I mean, my dentist was pulling out my tooth, because the root was really problematic, so the wound was really huge. But, I have to tell you that I felt a bit of pain when the anesthesia abated and that was it. Sure, I had an huge swelling, but no pain. At all. I was using the antibiotics that my dentist told me to, and I was really fine. So, I think that there is no reason for you to be petrified, since everyones tooth and root is different. Maybe you will have a luck as I did.

Hey, I think that getting scared is not an option at all. I was just telling in some previous topics that I have to remove my tooth as well and it loos pretty bad. I mean, I don't see it, since it seems that is under the meet in my jaw - I hope that you understand what am I saying. But, the far is not an option because you still need to remove it for so many different reason. It can only cause a damage, and of course it is not all the same when you know that, but a lot of wisdom tooth were removed and if you ask me, I think about this as an classical procedure. Like a routine.

Celebrity

I was just talking to a colleague from my job who won't come to the work tomorrow since he also has a wisdom tooth infection. It seems that he was touching the tooth, the jaws were bleeding, but he didn't pay a lot of attention to it.  Now, he really messed this whole situation up and now he needs to use soma painkillers, to get rest and listen now - he needs to eat in the really small amounts because dentists are trying to chase this infection away to remove the tooth. Trust me, this is pain and struggle. So, when dentists say that the tooth needs to go out - it has to!