I have some swelling in the back of my left knee. I had knee injury once, but it was long time ago and I doubt that it is related with this swelling. There is also aching pain when I walk. One of my friends said that I should see a doctor and that is most probably Baker cyst. Is it possible that swelling behind my knee is the Bakers cyst?

If you have some swelling located in the back of your left knee you may have a Baker's Cyst. The Baker's cyst usually occurs due to some other problem in your knee such as arthritis or even a tear of your meniscus. The swelling causes fluid to build up in your knee and this fluid pushes out the weakest point of your joint capsule surrounding your knee, and a cyst forms. The cyst has a valve made out of your joint capsule tissue which can sometimes become clogged and the fluid becomes trapped in the cyst. Even when the injury has resolved, you still have the swelling in the back of your knee.