Sometimes I get these lumps on the out side of my vagina they swell a little and then go down in between 3-4 days they usually are small like the size of a dime but this time it's big like small golf ball I've heard of the bartholin cyst in pictures it's seem as if it only start at the lower part of the vagina and is farther more in the bump/lump on the side of my vagina is on the outer part of the labia and it is higher more toward the ciltorus it is painful I'm hopping it will go away like it usually does but if it doesn't I need to know what the right steps are  to get rid of if 

i think..

you should go to the doctor..

as it can be the result of some bacterial infection.. i wish, it is not.. but for a safer side..

I get them too. I was on birth control and never got them, recently just stopped taking it and now there back again. But its not on the lips is at the side, so as i walk or sit it crushes against my leg....

I know of many women who have had these issues. You need to visit your doctor. It could be bartholin's gland cysts or a periclitoral abscess (worst of the two). Often periclitoral abscesses need to be drained and a 7 to 14 course of antibiotics is taken to clear the infection. Good luck!