(NOTE: I have never been sexually active at all so please don't suggest it is an STD, as that is absolutely 100% impossible. Thanks) So about a month ago I noticed a very small hard painless lump on my labia minora on one side, about 3/4 of an inch down from my clitoris. I kept an eye on it but it didn't get bigger or start hurting so I just left it alone. But about a week ago it started to get a lot bigger, to the size of a small/medium grape. It didn't hurt at all unless I messed with it, but it was really annoying me. It was hard and round with no head or anything, just kind of like a very inflated water balloon (sorry I know that sounds gross) I tried squeezing it but it would not pop and it just made it swell and get irritated. (I tried a warm washcloth but it didn't really make a difference) So I turned to the Internet for help, and panicked for a minute when I came across the horror stories told by Bartholin Cyst sufferers until I realized that it was in the totally wrong spot to be a Bartholin cyst. So I calmed down and decided to just leave it alone and see what happned, as it wasn't really painful. But yesterday it was starting to be really annoying and hurt when I moved a certain way, and seemed to get more swollen. I kept checking it with a mirror but could never see a head or anything. This morning thoughI looked and there was a dark purple head on it, and it was really swollen and I was so tired of it so I squeezed and YUCK. A whole bunch of blood and light greenish yellow pus and a little brownish stuff came out. When no more would drain I washed carefully and put some antiseptic salve on it. (to make a short story long...sorry....) So my question is...what now?? It's gone down a lot but there is still a ball of what feels like fluid there that wouldn't come out. It is definetly an improvement over how it was. The only way I can describe it is that it felt like a grape sized water ballon that was really full, and now it feels like a smaller water balloon that has half the water drained out of it, but it's still there. I would rather not go to the doctor, as everything I've read says that they won't mess with it unless its really hurting you. So should I just keep an eye on it and keep it clean? What about if it gets worse? Has anyone else had this?

YEs its very common and i think u will be fine

Oh my, girl, go to your Dr. and get it checked out. That's the 1st thing that you should do. Talk to a friend or your Mom or Aunt or somebody and get some help. Hopefully, it's just a benign cyst? I'm guessing.
Go to a Doctor!

I have the exact same thing. It ruptured yesterday and today it just feels like there is some still down in there but won't come out. Did yours just go away on its own?

Did yours leave an open pore?

I basically just stood a needle in mine cyst and just lots of puss came out. It didn't hurt that much.

Being honest I've done the same, but after a while it came back. Now I can notice where I popped it because the skin area looks loose as in it feels different from the rest of the skin ( a little softer). From my experience I wouldn't popped it more than once or you'll ruin that part of the skin area. This may sound weird but what I did to treat it instead of popping it I would wash it, then put Vaseline on it because when it rubed against my underwear it would hurt, then I would put a small bandaid on it.

I have the exact same thing. EXACTLY. If you see this, could you answer with what you had to do? Did it end up going away? I really don't want to go to the doctor either.

Mine has popped today but was still sore so in investigated and fiddled and a small white lump came out like a polystyrene ball.

What ended up happening for you guys? This is like me and I am in intense pain. Going to the toilet is like pissing needles, I can't do it anymore

I have three of these, but they are extremely painful:
- one on my on the outside of my perineum
- one on my back above my butt crack
- one on the inner labia minora (I think the guest responder said it best, “going to the toilet is like pissing needles” because it hits the bump and wiping makes me regret being a woman.)

They rupture on their own gushing with puss and blood (it is almost like the bump gets so full of fluid that it has to burst). Right be for the bumps eruption is when it is at its most painful- 7 out of 10. It then turns into a concave wound (it almost looks like a very shallow hole) with hard tissue around it and hurts when ever touched. Afterwards, it will leak for a couple of weeks.

I had surgery on the back one- which didn’t work because it came back, but it is smaller. I spoke with my doctor and she said the it could be a cyst filled with dead skin cells (that’s why there is puss and blood) and that GENTLY exfoliating the skin when washing may help.

It didn’t.

If anyone has any advice, I would be most greatful.

If anyone lives in Oregon or Washington, you can see a vulvar dermatologist. I’m still looking for one where I live, but I’m unsuccessful thus far.

Mine popped yesterday but seemed like some sort of tissue came out with blood.. Anyone else? My first thought was uteran lining since I have endometriosis but I don't understand how the endo could have gotten so far down to my vulva and how the lining would get into the "water balloon" in the first place. That was horrible and super painful but I'm glad I'm not the only one. Definitely going to see the doctor..

I’ve had this for thirty years, since early ‘80s. A small hard tiny pea on interior lips towards the bottom. Had a gyno look at and he said not to worry. In 2007 or 2008, mentioned it to gyno tech and she said this? And then she touched it and it was gone! No pain, no needle, no idea what she did. Came back a year later and has gotten a fraction larger. Another gyno exam about two years ago and doc said not to worry. Today, 2017, it was tender and discovered it had burst. Tiny white head showed. Cleaned it up. no idea what. Ingrown hair even though it was inside? Still recommend you see doc, you never know.

this happened to me when i was young and in my teens. It scared me so much then it started getting really big and hurting and it burst after I squeezed, most of the fluid drained but not all, and it left a small hole permanently there. It kept happening once a year and i would pop them and they would go away leaving small wholes and now i have so many small openings in around the same spot that now it becomes more easily infected. Does anyone know what the name of this is? I would really appreciate! Because i don't think its one of the 4 main vaginal cysts that pop up when you google. None of the other cysts sound like what I have experienced, but what you described is EXACTLY what happened to me. .

this happened to me when i was young and in my teens. It scared me so much then it started getting really big and hurting and it burst after I squeezed, most of the fluid drained but not all, and it left a small hole permanently there. It kept happening once a year and i would pop them and they would go away leaving small wholes and now i have so many small openings in around the same spot that now it becomes more easily infected. Does anyone know what the name of this is? I would really appreciate! Because i don't think its one of the 4 main vaginal cysts that pop up when you google. None of the other cysts sound like what I have experienced, but what you described is EXACTLY what happened to me.