For about a year i keep getting a lump on my panty line, it has come and gone about 6 times. Normally its just a lump but the last two times it has had a blister like thing on it and it will pop. it has a hole in it and bleeds. is it just from my panties rubbing it or what?

I know exactly what you're talking about! I have had them for years and my mom gets them too. It's basically a LARGE reoccurring cyst. You can go to the doc and get it "Lanced" or drained, but I highly recommend against that. It's extremely painful. You can get it cut out, but because of the natural bacteria and sweat you get "down there" it's a high possibility of it coming back at the scar location. Some doc's say that it's a form of a yeast infection, others say it's hormonal, and another set will say that it's genetic. I know it's a combination of something but it's definitely partly hormonal because it usually spikes near or during my period. Neither shaving or not shaving helps. What I usually do is when it is raw from panty wear, try and pad it with a few cotton pads, like you would use for makeup, round or square ones doesn't matter. Hot compress it with as hot of a cloth as you can stand (microwave a wet washcloth) and hold it on there. Do that as much as you want, it provides some relief from the pressure building up inside. I use an alcohol wipe and a sterile needle to break the skin and drain it if the pain and pressure are too much. After the skin is broken (naturally or by poking), drain and use a band-aid and neosporin/triple antibiotic ointment, change it every day or more if needed, and it should help it heal quicker. Talk to your dermatologist and see if they can get you a topical antibiotic like Clyndamiacin. Make sure they give you the gel, the topical solution has rubbing alcohol and will send you through the roof if the skin is broken. Ouchy! The clynd will help prevent them once you feel them coming on and heal them once you have them.

I have been experiencing these for 15 years. They range from my underwear line to my butt and crack. They are rediciously and seem to be getting worse now that I am 30. Why do they happen? Its embarrassing and definitely puts a damper on my live life.....

Try cutting garlic and heating spices like cycanne and deep fry and beef out of your diet. Garlic is the worst for me

Witch hazel, silver water, chickweed and or bedstraw are good things to help cysts

I have had the same problem for years and it keeps getting worse. I did find a product called Prid that you can get at Walgreens, it really works. Within 24 - 48 hours after you apply to the cyst it will open and drain relieving the pain and pressure.

I've had these since I wa 17. I'm 35 now. First one happened when it was that time of thr month, ans I was at the beach. Heat + feminine products = the worst conditions

Hot compresses work to relieve pain. But actually, something that I've been using for the last year has given me the BEST results.

I actuallu went to Planned Parenthood to find out what these things were. They diagnosised them as "epidermoid cysts". She referred me to a dermatologist. I didn't go. Too embarrassing!!

Did my own research, and found thag lactic acid helped shed the excessive kertain buildup and skin. Sooo..

I bought AmLactin lotion. You can find it at Walgreen's, grocery stores, etc. Immediately when I get out of the shower, dry off. I actually go one steph further here (and I suggest you do too) and pull out the hair dryer and use it to completely dry your skin. I use the cool setting. haha

Anyway - when dry, apply a thin layer of this AmLactin lotion where ever you seem to get these cysts. Be consistent with it. Every. Time. You. Shower. Do this!!

I went from having about 6-8 per year to 1 per year. It's my fault that I got the one. Same circumstances as when I first got it - feminine products out in the heat. Damn pads!! Anyway - this lotion is amazing. Highly recommend it. It runs around $14 a bottle, so I use it sparingly and only for this purpose. Hope this helps someone else out! Good luck

Many people do not believe in the old fashioned home remedies for medical problems but some actually work great. Here is one for those prone to having Cyst's and Boil's. Buy the single serve boxes of Raisin's and eat at least one box full per day--everyday. It is only a small handful in each box. I was told Raisins have the necessary natural ingredients to help cleanse Blood and prevent Cyst's and Boil's. As strange as this may sound it actually work's to keep new ones from appearing and in helping the old ones from getting inflamed again if you eat a box per day as a snack.

I've done prid, silver water, witch hazel, iodine, hot compress, epsom salt bath, antibiotics. I've resulted to wearing silk underwear that are no show panty lines to avoid panty lines on this nasty thing. I've had mine in the same spot every 3-4 mo for over a year now. The last 2 times it came on with stress. The one I had in October started at the end of July. I used wart remover acid and burned it up. This time that isn't working. I'm at a loss.

I've had the same type of recurring cyst on my pantyline for the last 18 years. It was always in one spot that would get severely inflamed, itchy and drain a gooey thick white pus. It got so bad at one point where my open cyst wouldn't heal for weeks. And then it would slowly scab and heal, only to get infected again in this mad cycle. I couldn't wear pants, jeans or even stand having my panty touching the sore bandaged cyst. My doctor approved surgical excision, and I hoped I would be rid of this cyst for good. It was a rather quick out patient procedure where the surgeon took out about an inch square surrounding my infection. A few lessons from this:
--I went to a general surgeon. He did a hack job and my surgical site healed lumpy. It is extremely embarrassing during intimacy, and I was horrified when I got my first Brazilian waxing only to see a noticeable lump of scar tissue. I recall during the surgery him asking me if I would be okay if it wasn't done perfectly pretty. I didn't know what he meant at the time. Boy do I wish I told him to make his work "pretty"
--if you decide on surgery, I recommend seeking out a cosmetic surgeon.
--Doctors and labs can't seem to agree on the biopsy
---lab thinks it is pilonidal cyst, but the doctors and my dermatologists who have treated me all have told me it can't be pilonidal because it is on my groin (specifically pantyline). Pilonidal most often are in men and on their buttock line. Doctors have suggested infected hair follicle or epidermoid cyst. I just want answers in order to treat it the best way; but no one can come to a consensus.
--my cyst has come back in the same exact spot since my surgery. BUT the infections are much milder, often just a little puffy and itchy. And it becomes infected maybe once a year -- typically when I am highly stressed or when I am about to get sick/a cold.
--My derm explained that surgery doesn't always remove all the infected follicles. And that it is very common for cysts to recur after surgery.
--great, I spent a lot of money out of pocket for the surgery, not to mention the pain of going through surgery. My little cyst will be with me forever. Is what the pros are telling me.
--18 years later, I have a second location on the opposite side of my panty line that has started to become mildly infected recently. it swells up and gets super itchy. Ugh two cysts plaguing me. Wonder what triggered the second one.
--having been through surgery and knowing that it is not the answer, which doctors i have consulted all agree surgery is not the cure. Now when my cysts get irritating, I visit my dermatologist for a quick injection of cortisone. It makes my cyst calm down and go dormant within several days of the shot. This is the only thing that seems to help.

I hope you found this helpful. It is an annoying Plague, but hang in there. Cortisone really helps.

I'm dealing with the same issue and it feels like it's getting worse. I don't know what to do. Have you found a cure yet?

I have had these damn cysts on my pantyline for years!!! My mother has them and as weird as it it sounds, my brothers get them occasionally too! The best cure or preventative measures I have found are to not wear panties.... Seriously! I can wear panties and the next day or so, have a cyst. I think it is a combo of the area sweating and not being able to breath, so the pore clogs, then closes trapping all of the bacteria inside. A few days later... a cyst. I now have a cyst on the bottom of my butt cheek, started out as a itchy spot so when I got home I started to examine the area. It was a deep cyst that you couldn't feel by just rubbing your hand over it. I got it to drain just by pressing down on it. It drained for several days after a shower and the use of my heated seats on the way home from work. Now the damn pore is closed and it wont drain. So when I get home, I'm taking a hot bath- then open ass surgery it is.

I have had this problem for the last year and a half. The cysts are only one at a time and it is in the same spot on either side of my panty line. Very embarrassing. Going to try some of these remedies. Hoping for some relief.

I have had them since I was 20 and now 43. General surgeons excised them for 10 years, then a plastic surgeon decided to cure me for good. Yeah right, major hack job leaving me disfigured and nerve damage down there. Finally, I went to derm and they said excusing is a waste of time. She injected kenalog in each cyst and gave me Amoxil to take daily, injections worked!! It not only took the pain away in a matter of minutes, the cyst were gone in a few days. Since then I purchased my own kenalog and inject them myself. Oh and I'm not taking the antibiotic daily for life. Go to derm not a surgeon!!!

I cut sugar out of my diet and never have these anymore-turns out it was caused by yeast.