Hi, I have a condition I would like to solve on my own. I have painful recurrent cyst in the groin. It doesn't form every time in the same place. I have also noticed that it usually appears after I have had a bikini line waxed and the hairs start to grow. On some occasions I try to squeeze them and a whitish substance pours out followed by blood. Is there something I can do to stop these cysts from reappearing?

why would you like to solve something like this on your own? it is a little bit immature, right? don't you think so?

now, the most common cause of swollen lymph glands is an infection, because your lymph glands just doing their job and fighting off the infection that exists. also, my good friend had an issue with a hidradenitis suppurativa, so she went to seek a proper hidradenitis suppurativa treatment after they have discovered that she has those issue. sure, in her case it was only a beginning so she was able to fight this in the proper way. as sooner as you find out, you can fight against this uncomfortable and sometimes painful issue. 

Hi, the cysts that are forming in your groin are caused by ingrown hair. I sometimes suffer the same faith. The bikini area depilation is causing the hairs to ingrown. Sometimes the hairs are not pulled out the right way and when they start to grow back they are unable to penetrate the skin. Also the pores through which the hairs are supposed to grow out get clogged. The cork is made out of dead skin cells and sweat. There are few things that help me up to a point. First of all you should have a nice scrub bath before the waxing. Use a sponge to really give the groin area a nice scrub. This will clear the skin if all the dead cells and dirt that might clog the pores. Also you should apply this technique once a week on a regular basis. This is what I do to help with ingrown hair cysts and it really helps. Of course, I still get these cysts, but very rarely. If this method doesn't help you, you should definitely see a dermatologist.

Last summer when I began cycling to my new job, 15km away, a painful cyst appeared on my groin. After a week or so I burst it. I wash very often and don't suffer from bad acne.
It didn`t return for the summer, but a couple of months ago, when I began cycling longer distances again or more frequently, it has reoccured a few times, not always in the same spot but area. Could this be from cycling/friction? Should I burst them? And how can I prevent them in the future?

I also get these painful cysts in my groin area I suppose that they are the result of ingrown hairs/friction. My father is a doctor and he told me that you should never try to squeeze/pop these cysts because it can cause them to worsen/get infected(worse), the best thing to do for them is to sit in a warm bath or apply warm compresses to the area, this helps to draw out the puss/blood whatever is trapped under the skin. If the problem is really bad you can see a sergeon who will I&D(Incesion and Drain) the cyst. Hope this is helpful.

I get these painful cysts too sometimes. My husband calls it "where the straddle meets the saddle" area. It's important to wash daily of course, but also briskly with a softer textured sponge usually every other day helps greatly. When they do develop, I've learned NOT to touch or try to squeeze them. If anything, I try to wear loose fitting clothing with no underwear, and sometimes, I even spray some mild hemorrhoid stuff on them or just wipe a little witch hazel with a cotton ball. This at least helps with the swelling and pain. It's a tough nut to crack, but the last thing you want to do is irritate them even more by messing with it.

The cysts can be reduced by applying compresses of hydrogen peroxide until they are reduced.

I began getting these cysts 6 or 7 years ago. I had not been shaving or trimming. I had the first one surgically removed (so the sac was removed to reduce chance of reoccurence). Worked for a while but they are now chronic. I have seen by the physician who now says they should not be surgically removed. They are painful. It is hard to find time to sit around with a warm compress stuffed in your pants! I am looking for other alternatives.

I have had the same issue not only in the groin but around the area. they are reoccurring more often now. I have had 2 urgically removed and that did the trick, the second time I had 2 surgically removed the dr. said well it is so small let's leave it and I said no because it is always small until it starts to hurt, then it gets big and then of course there is nothing they can do about it until the swelling and infection go away. I am so tired of being put on antibiotics because they do help but when they are done they come right back. The ones I have had removed have not come back, but there are new ones. I tend to agree as far as seeing a dermatologist as he said he would remove them for me, but unfortunately he is leaving the practice so I am left to yet another new dr. The gynecologist wants to just lance them but says they are too small, ok so why do they hurt then even when they are small, and starting to get swelled again. I am at a lost so any help would be greatly appreciated. Very frustrating.

Can groin cyst be caused by driving?

Guest wrote:

Can groin cyst be caused by driving?

I have had these cysts often and I don't wax or cycle but I do drive so I think it may be the friction which does'nt help. I think the area we're discussing sweats more. I've had them cut out before but my doctor suggested that as soon as I feel one coming is to wash and pat dry the area and apply polysporin. I find this usually works very well. My friend also has had this problem and I told her about this and she says it has helped her a lot.

I have had 2 of these abcess/cysts in the groin. My MD just lanced one today and tried to drain it but it did not all come out. He gave me antibiotics too. I am looking into cell salts for homeopathic help. There must be some reason they are happening. They sure do gurt.

I had my first cyst in the groin area in 1976. At first I got them once or twice per year. As time went on, I was getting them 3 or 4 times per year. They became larger and lasted longer and longer. Very painful. I talked to a couple of doctors and got the same answers posted here. They have left bruise-like marks on me. Around 1993 I went to a new doctor and mentioned them. She knew what they were and perscribed minocycline. 100mg. When I feel one coming, I take a pill in the morning and one at night. Usually they don't even come and if they do, they are gone in a few days. I take the pills for about a week and then just wait until next time. They are really no big deal now. I just wish I had not had to suffer for so long before finding this. I has tried soaking in the tub and all of the things mentioned on this blog. Here is the answer. Hope it works for you.

What most of you are dealing with is called "Hydradinitus Sepativa" It may not be the correct spelling,but what it means is your glands are imbalanced they secrete too much of one thing and not enough of the other. When you have an inflammation the best thing you can do is put hot compresses on them and do NOT squeeze them. See a surgeon if you have a bunch and they can be removed. Not just I&D'd,which means they open up the cyst and put Iodaform in it so it can heal from the inside out,but totally removed. It's a very common disorder. they do not know what brings it on and there is no cure. I have been plagued with these since I was 9 yrs old,first in my underarms and then my groin,my tail bone,my ovaries etc. I'm 57 now and have been cut on a great deal.

I also get these. I had one that kept coming back, had it removed once and drained a couple times by the surgeon. I have found that one garlic tablet a day has completely eliminated mine. I take 1000 mg garlic pill every day, if I miss more than 2 days it comes back. Some people are allergic to garlic pills and they also lower blood pressure so beware of that. It may not help everyone but it has helped me tremendously. It is almost like the cyst completely shriveled up and died.