I have an uncle who has been diagnosed with gangrene. What is it and how do you exactly get it?

Celebrity
Do you know what kind of gangrene your uncle has and what part of body did it affect?

Gangrene a.k.a. necrosis is death of tissue in the body. It is a very serious condition and if not treated on time may lead to death.
The death of tissue may happen when it loses blood supply or when it gets infected with certain bacteria that quickly destroys muscle and surrounding tissue. This usually happens at the site of an injury or surgery.

Did your uncle have any surgeries lately?

Do you know what kind of treatment your uncle is on?
If there’s death of the tissue, it can’t be revived and amputation may be needed in that part of the body. However, if it didn’t get that far, an underlying condition is usually treated.

Other treatment may include an operation to improve blood supply to the area, antibiotics, repeated operations to remove dead tissue.

A person is at high risk for developing gangrene if they have diabetes, a serious injury, have had surgery, have blood vessel disease or are immunosupressed.

Another cause of gangrene is poor circulation due to smoking or diabetes. Usually the toes start to turn black and then the foot, usually resulting in amputation.

I recently went to the doc. after noticing it to be very painful to go to the bathroom and blood in my stools. I had a baby a few months ago and just figured this was a side affect of giving birth and the doc. informed me that this is very common in women who have given birth. She has a gave me stool softners and that doesnt seem to help. They are not painful unless I have a bowelmovement and then its painful and causes bleeding. Any suggestions should I have surgery?

Hemorrhoids after pregnancy are very common. They may form during pregnancy and during delivery due to the pressure put on pelvic veins. When you are pregnanat, your uterus grows, this puts pressure on veins and slows the return of blood, dilating veins and causing their swelling. Pregnancy makes you more prone to constipation and excessive progesterone during pregnancy makes veins swell easier.

Stool-softeners won’t help if you have already developed hemorrhoids. Some hemorrhoids go away on their own but some need to be removed. Depending on what kind of hemorrhoids these are (internal or external), you can choose appropriate procedure to getting them removed. Your doc should give you more info about it!