Good day all, I have been experiencing these small red sores that appear on my fore legs and sometimes on the top of my right foot. They are no larger than a dime, in fact mostly smaller than a dime. The symptom is red and very itchy. They become so itchy that after scratching them for releif I bleed from them. Thus turning into a scab and remaining there for a week or better. Sometimes they start very small, like a scratch or about the size of a pencil head, then become larger due to scratching them. The resistance to scratch them is un-bearable. I have tried different types of lotions, first aid creams, neosporin etc. They come and go. Sometimes I will have them for weeks at a time, then they disappear for months. Now they are coming back again. The doc wants too do a biopsy when they are present and fresh. I am game for that, I want to know what the heck it is! Anyone else have these..? I have investigated laundry detergent, soaps, bedding, socks, etc. with no suspected items, I am now stumped. Could it be an allergy or reaction to certain meds I am on..? Perhaps..? Let me add that for several years I have also had a red patch rash that also itches on my chest, right where my sternum is at. It is like blotchy. Any correlation or something totally different..?

Sound like you are describing the symptoms I have, i have exactly the same problem. I also have ongoing problem with acne, which I am currently trying to get ride of by elimination diet. I am a strong believer that our current 'modern' diet plays huge role in many of the skin conditions. I have just started the elimination diet, reintroducing food one at a time, so far I have not seen relapse of the symptoms (itchy/sore on fore leg front).

Hi, I also have symptoms of leg sores, but they are mostly on outside of legs (calves and thighs) and a few on top of my feet only, and also on buttocks... recently I got a couple on each forearm..
they start as being just itchy... i scratch until they bleed or form a scab, then the scab itches, so I even rip those off (sometimes in my sleep)... I am so sick of these! I went to two dermatologists... the first one said staph.. gave me antibiotics, didn't help... second one said from shaving legs or using Nair.. used cortisone creams, gels, sprays.. no help..
anyone else have this problem? What helped?
I never have gotten a biopsy...

Sounds like same problem I have been having. small pimple like sores on my calves and thighs. these start of real small and never ever heal. they will go away after months but eventually return. if i scratch a little bit they bleed a great deal or spread. It is freaking me out! I know other people who get them too. these will spread to other people....

How helpful! No answers from anyone. Everyone says "Oh, I have the same thing" but no clue what it is. Sheeesh

I am having the same problem they itch like crazy and when I scratch it bleeds...does any one know what this is? pls help..I know I am gonna have to make a dr. appointment.

Hello everyone from all the above posts. First time poster here,
but I too have a skin itch/rash dilemma; it's been with me since May, 2003 when I
was doing outside gardening. As you all know there could be many causes of skin
rashes: allergies to gluten, certain foods, dyes, perfumes, or could be a symptom of
an internal condition, i.e. diabetes or liver problems. BUT: Have any of you
ever heard of the newest skin mystery rash/sores/itching condition called
"Morgellons Disease"? It has surfaced in about the late 90's or so. It includes
the sores that itch so bad they bleed profusely, which I too have had; and most
take many weeks to heal, and then most times NEW sores pop up in the same or
different areas of any parts of the body.

Be sure to check out the website "Morgellons Research Foundation" and compare
your symptoms to the ones listed there; if you feel you have something like this,
register yourself (free). As it is now, there are 13,000 people in the U.S. and other
countries coming down with this new illness. Just last January 2009, the CDC is
JUST NOW beginning to research this condition. They say it may be related to lyme
disease or an agrobactirium agent/vector.

I have had it first develop on my right arm (thousands of tiny bumps, which converged
into crater like crusty type extremely itchy sores that spread with my scratching which
just could not be helped; I have tried virtually every cream, ointment from over the counter
most of which only helped very little or not for very long, even tried RID spray (it did kill the
itch temporarily, but it's not for use on humans, I was desperate for relief, don't use it, it will
make your skin more irritated.) I've been to 13 dermatologists (all telling me "it was in my head"),
and also went to about 4 more regular MD's to see if they could determine what my problem was.
This rash of sores spread to also my right arm and hand, then both legs below the knee to the
ankles. Epsom salts bath ( I used about 3 cups in a warm, not hot, bath and soaked for a half hour
which really helps, but will last a few hours).......also taking a few benadryls and a unisom sleeping pill
before bed helped me get at least 4 hours+ sleep most nights.........

Since doctors were basically clueless to this illness, I was determined to investigate this
myself, way before the CDC started their lazy wheels turning.........I got a microscope.
TWILIGHT ZONE people!!!! They in the Morgellons foundation and forums call these things
that come out of the sores "fibers" but I insist, along with a few others that they are a
mutant worm, yes, I know it sounds crazy, but it may be true. I have gotten rid of most of
my sores and itching from ingesting a drug called "fenbendazole" ( found in a deworming product for animals)
since about 2005. I still have some recurrences, but NEVER like I had in the beginning of this thing! The
product I found it in is called "Safeguard"; they are granules I mix with applesauce and eat every couple days;
"Safeguard" has absolutely NO taste too........and is safe generally. I wouldn't recommend taking it if you
are on alot of other type medications that could prove fatal if taken with fen. Talk to me first, or research
it with the computer. There are MANY forums on the net that you can learn from. Just DO NOT go with
the guy who tries selling his "NutraSilver" (that turns your skin blue!) I do NOT sell SAFEGUARD, by the way.
I just found it gets rid of the sores and itching over about a year or so, depends how badly you're infected
and scratched up.

Feel free to email me anytime with any questions or comments!

Michelle :idea:

The newest "thing" causing these bumps and itching is BEDBUGS. You may have to vacuum, wash all linen in hot water, put an allergen stopping mattress cover or even throw out your whole bedset and get new mattresses. They're common in the highest line hotels, college dorms even furniture show rooms. BEDBUGS are not a sign you are a nasty person. You're just another victim.

Sorry but I am so tired of people using the excuse of Bed Bugs. I have been suffering from the same condition my self and so have other people who live in other states than I. I have moved into a brand new condo that no one ever lived in and bought an air mattress bed and all new linens that were sterilized first. Still the problem exists, and there are clearly no "Bed Bugs".

If I read one more post on Bed Bugs I am going to scream. Grant you some times people do have bed bug problems, but I have researched and bed bug bites are not the same as this skin problem. I would be more inclined to think it is some kind of parasite or contagious fungus of some type. I have been to Doctors and they just classify it as contact dermatitis or allergies, eczema or other common skin conditions, only because they don't have a clue and are inept in there job. They only seem to care about shuffling patients in and out to make a quick buck. I bet they would take the time if they were infected with the problem.

I have tried numerous creams and prescriptions and remedies. The only thing that I found to be helping, and I am finally almost cleared up is to ingest food grade diatomaceous earth on a daily basis. I usually mix it with yogurt that is known for its probiotic use. I don't have the time or energy to go into the facts of the earth product, but if you look it up on line, it is a very beneficial product. Another product I started ingesting is virgin coconut oil. I just take it by the tablespoon daily. You should check out the benefits of the coconut oil as well on line, for it is suppose to kill other parasites from inside out, such as scabies etc. Don't waste your money on prescriptions they don't work in my opinion and I for one am sick of being ripped off by the pharmaceutical companies who could care less about man kind other than stealing the almighty dollar from anyone they can.

Hope this post is helpful to others.

Hi Everyone,
Not sure if this could help. I have a similar problem and when i discussed this with some one i knew they said it could be because of impurities in the blood. This can be fixed by taking a blood purifier like Safi or any other from your drug store. I haven't tried it yet as i just heard abt it yesterday. Worth trying... thx, deborah

i have had the same thing...little red spots that itch at first and then have turned in to red sores on my leg that dont heal...i went to my doctor after 10 days of having them.....he looked at them and ordered an complete blood culture........my mother suffers from a rare vascilities Disease and had these when she was my age......i have never had anything like this before........and i would urge anyone with the same to ask their doctor for a ANCA test xxxx my mother was misdiagnosed for 10 years and caused a lot of pain xxxxxx i get my results on tuesday....heres praying xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My son has the same thing going on. He went to a dermatologist today. They did take a biopsy to make sure that they are right. The Dr. told him he has seen this quite often and it is caused by lack of sleep and stress. He put him on a strong antihistamine and cream. So, it will be interesting to see how it goes.

He went to the family Dr. previously and was prescribed an antibotic and cream. It came back.

Check your blood sugar level - propably a form of Diabetes

I too. Have the same itching, scaly, or scaby problem. Many don't want to advise what to take so i can't tell what to take either,
I will tell you what i have used. to rid the symptoms. I used a cream call quadriderm. It is a antifungal cream. It seams to make me not itch if i don't scratch my shin area it starts to heals after about a week. My leg looks dark from the pigmentation but with a couple of week of rubbing creams the skin start to lighten up.

IT could be scabies