Hi. My 16 years old son is wetting the bed. Is this normal? I have never heard about teens wetting the bed. Anyway, we went to see his doctor and my son was diagnosed with enuresis. The doctor said it means he can`t control his pee. What could be the cause of his problem? He refuses to talk to me.

Hi. Researchers have found that one in 50 teenagers still wet the bed. There are many causes of enuresis, or bed wetting. He may have hormonal problem. Some people`s bodies can`t make enough antidiuretic hormone, which causes your body to produce less urine during night. He may have a bladder problem. Some teens have small bladders and that is the reason why they can`t hold a large volume of urine. The cause of his problem could also be genetic. Some teens may have sleeping problems. They just sleep too deep and they can`t wake up when they have to go to the toilet. The cause of his problem could be certain medical conditions, such as diabetes, or urinary tract infection. He may have some psychological problems too.

My son frequently wets his bed as well. He lives in our basement and is 43 years of age. He did not start wetting the bed until his freshman year of college when he was 25 years old. Almost every night he wets his bed. Sometimes he even sleepwalks into my room and wets my bed. The worst time was when i caught him standing in his bed and peeing on the floor. I was alarmed and woke him up and he had a bad panic attack. He has not left his room since and that was last friday. What should i do to help my little baby Christopher?

. That's just sad it always works if you Make him wear dipers and put one of those MOSFET sensers in his pants ps you might want to get him a plastic bed and take him to the doctor it could be a medical problem

.

It could be an emotional problem. Why is your son living in your basement at 43? Did anything bad happen to him when he was a freshman in college? He is certainly no longer a baby. Perhaps he should go to the doctor and see a counselore.

The problem is you named him Christopher. I know because I have a Christopher who is 41 and still living in his room.

Try changing his name. If it works, let me know and I'll try it.

If your child has enuresis then that's the problem, stop being buggy. It's obviously biological, relax and love your child and make sure he knows to shower after it happens. There isn't "cure" unless he is restricted from water about 5 hours before he goes to bed... which would leave him very dehydrated when he wakes up. If it were me and I knew my child had a diagnosis of Enuresis I wouldn't embaress him by taking to the internet and chatting about him.... I would ask a doctor or a therapist what more can I do for him. relax and love your son anyway.  

@njoylife Where in your life time did you become a pessmistic self-professed numerologist??? Take your trolling B.S. someplace else

I don't know why people care that he is living with you at 43 family is the most Important thing. Blood is thicker than water is not just a saying it's the truth. That's besides the point. Something is wrong and the first thing to do is find out what that is. He will be able to fix it to me it sounds like he's stressed but it could also be a health issue. Good luck.

There are a number of reasons that one wets the bed. Children usually wet and sometimes teens do that as well. Only a doctor can tell you why hes doing that. You can ask the doctor if an enuresis alarm (bedwetting alarm) can work for him. If they think it does, you can check ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of web addresses is not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use
Good luck!