Starting to get worried. I'm 27, pretty healthy, other than having IBS. I started getting this weird feeling in my chest throat area Monday. Couldn't put my finger on just exactly what was going on. I was having this feeling ALL day long. Finally that evening I was sooo annoyed with it that I dug out my stethoscope and listened to my heart. Sure enough something was different. It was skipping beats %-) It would beat then stop, and continue beating. Then a few mins later it would stop again. Here it is Thursday and its still skipping beats. Just about all day, everyday since Monday. I don't feel stressed or have panic attacks. I have never had this before so starting to wonder should I see my doctor. But from my readings this is a common thing and most never find whats causes it or get it fixed. ? Is there anything the doctors can do to stop it? Can it be something serious??

If you are taking any medications for IBS or any other meds, this can cause a definitive skipping rhythm. Please have it check by a physician ASAP though. Because you are 27 and in healthy shape doesn't mean that, you have the healthiest heart. It could be as simple as too much caffeine, meds, or a very serious problem. Mine turned out to be very serious. I was 44 y.o. and in great condition. I could run long, jump, work hard or whatever, but a cardiovascular disease overtook me due to being a 4-year smoker. In four years, I caused very serious damage to my heart. Now I am paying the price. Totally disabled. Cannot run. Cannot jump...well you get the picture.

Do not let anyone or anything intimidate you due to your age and condition. Have a good check-up anyway from a heart doc. It is not going to hurt and you will find yourself sleeping much better when you learn your true condition. It is the "not knowing" that causes a lot of stress on the heart. Laugh, love, sit in periods of peace and pray. Scientist have proved that praying causes the cardiovascular system to slow down. Blood pressure is much, much better when one is praying in peace and quiet.

Enjoy your life. You only have one, my friend.

I have been having the same problem i went to the doctor today for a urine test to see was i pregnant and it came back neg. so im going back for a blood test and i heard if you pulse jumping or beating fast u might pregnant my pulse in my throat jumps all the time and i want to know whats wrong to

I know that some people are prone to this but it depends on how much it happens before you need to really see a cardiologist. Can you tell me what the doctor says?

Me too. I'm 35 and for the past 20 years or so I can remember having a flutter several times for a second and thats it. I drink and take herbal aphrodisiacs for the 20 years, but two days ago I had the flutter for hours! It scared the c**p out of me and went to the clinic. Doc says muscle is good, its the electrical impulses that are out of wack. Maybe sobriety is needed. Today it was happenning all day long. I might have trouble trying to fall asleep sober. This sucks. Cannot stop thinking about it because it happens all the time! grrrrrr. Late night AM talk radio is going to be my friend. "Somewhere in time" with Art Bell is fascinating.