I have been experiencing strange pain in the stomach for a few days now. It is exactly above my belly button. My mom says I need to have it checked because it could be appendicitis and that she had problems with it when she was younger. Her appendix burst and she needed a surgery right away. I have never had any such problems and would like to know if it could be something else but appendicitis.

I can never tell until you are looked at and examined. Pain around the navel usually indicates problems with small intestines or appendicitis. Considering your mother had similar problems, I would suggest you had it checked, so you wouldn’t have to go through what she did. It is better to prevent than heal!

Hallo,
I have to tell you that your mother is mistaking about the appendix. Appendix is located under your belly button in the right part of your stomach. So you can ease your mind about that. I think that you are having problems with your stomach. You might be having issues with your bile and the gallbladder. How strong is the pain and does it last long? What do you do to ease the pain? Have you changed your diet in any way last couple of days? I think that you should visit your doctor because it sounds to me that you are young and you can’t risk any complications in life from this issue.

I hope that this helped.

I am having the same symptoms with a sharp, intermittent pain above my belly button that radiates up into my chest, It is getting worse but I cannot afford to go to doctor or hospital just to be told I have a stomach virus. I am 57 and in fairly good health.