To start I am a health freak, I work out 5 times a week, do yoga, eat right & am very clean. I am a model so I have to look good. So when I got Pityriasis Rosea 2 weeks before a bikini shoot I just about died. I had it all over my sides, lower abdomen then it stated going on my back, tummy, neck and upper arms. It did not itch much but looked horrible 

I went to the doctor's, I demanded and he gave me meds... it did not help. I gave that one week

So how did I get rid of it on the second week? TAN TAN TAN (in a tanning bed, a stand up one if you can). I did this and took Natrum Muriaticum from the health food store (don't know if that helped but shouldn't leave it out) it has been 2 days and its already 80% gone, it won't look better until the day after you tan. Also do not work out or do anything that makes you sweat or wear tight clothes until it is all gone and maybe for a week after... it just makes it worse fast.  I m using neosporin on the marks the day after I tan to make them fade faster.

hope this helps!   

I just got diagnosed with pityriasis rosea and it looks horrible! I am reading your post and thinking maybe I should try the tanning method. Did you use tanning lotion or sunblock when you went to tan? How many minutes did you tan for? Thanks so much for your help!!

No tanning lotion or sunscreen ...  but i was already a little tan and do not burn easily...   I would put a lotion on after you go home and shower.. maybe after the 2nd time tanning, because it gets dry & looks like your pealing.   I have gone 8-10 mins three times so far, it looks worse for a few hours after, so I do it before I go home for the night and then looks better by the morning and just keeps getting better every time I go. I went 3 times and it got so much better I skipped 5 days. i am 90% better back in a bikini and will go for what I think is my last time today. 

good luck

Thank you so much for the fast reply. I am getting married next month so I need to get rid of this fast. I got diagnosed with it three weeks ago and finally decided to do better research. I am asian and I am pretty tan already so now the marks look dark and almost like scars =( I hope its not too late. The marks are all over my breasts, abdomen, torso, and inner legs. Is there any specific wattage of tanning bed that you suggest or does that not matter too much? You also said you use neosporin on the spots the day after..do you use any other creams? I read about 20% glycolic acid lotion, but unsure what that is...

Do you  use any other methods as far as after you shower or before the tan? I guess just keep the skin moisturized with lotion or aloe vera? Any specifics?

Thank you SOOOOO much for your help. You definitely made me feel better and have hope!!

Anny =)

I just make sure my skin is clear & dry before I tan and showered used nieva lotion after, the hydration hq one... I don't think it matters what kind you use & neosporin.  I do not think the wattage of the tanning bed matters.. I used the one they have at my gym, so I don't think it can be all that powerful.  Mine looked the same as you described .. just not on my boobs ... Good luck & let me know if this works for you.. good luck

I have this, and just started tanning today.  I haven't used the neosporin, maybe I should go get some.  Even though they look horrible, I will say that after tanning I didn't itch as much.  I'm also taking immune system supplements as well as fish oil.  I am bathing with raw shea butter soap to help with healing. 

This is my second time getting this. It's much more severe than the first time as well. When I seen the other spots showing up I figured I'd get a few and it'll be gone by the end of the week like the first time. Wrong. It's taking over my body and I've only had it a few days. I noticed a few spots on my face. I'll be hitting the tanning salon today. I never thought I'd ever go to one since I naturally brown skin. Hopefully everything goes well. Thanks for the info!!

@ashley m I am a light skinned black girl and my spots are pink right now. I am going to try tanning but am a little scared it will make the spots darker than my skin? What happened when you went?

Hey KIM M I am also worried that if i go tanning my marks will get darker please please let me know if they got better or got darker.
thank you very much

Hey Lulu!

So I went tanning for 12 minutes in a light bed and I got out and there was a major difference. Since then I have gone in the standup bed for the max time and the spots are almost gone after just 3 times. GO TANNING! I still have some slight discolorations so I am going to go until they go away completely but honestly it looks amazing compared to what it looked like before. ( I also scar really easily so that may be why I still have some discolorations). I know it sucks right now, I had it for 5 weeks before I even got a diagnosis, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck! and be sure to get back to me and let me know.

Hey Kim! Tanning does help! Mine finally started fading and stopped itching completely after 6 visits. My skin scars easily too, but there wasn't much scaring. I have a few really light spots that are still fading but I think it was due to my severe scratching. Definitely recommend tanning! Tanning really dries the skin out so be sure to moisturize well after you're done.

Thank you for the advice. I have been reading about this condition as I have also developed this skin irritation. It's been 4 weeks and I feel like it is getting worse!! Question...did you put any regular in scented lotion on before you tanned or nothing at all? Thanks so much.

How often are you going tanning?  Every day?  I have to get rid of this, the itch is driving me crazy and it just seems to keep spreading!  I have had the Harold patch for 3 weeks the spots only one week.

Thanks for the help!

i was mis diagnosed in october 2012 with ring worms! it went away after a few weeks. didnt bother me at all. it came back two weeks ago!! :( this time its so much worse, all over my thighs, arms, and abdomen. itchiness is getting worse and so is the spreading. my doctors arent doing anything of course cause their is no excuse. i am going to take up the oatmeal bathing and tanning salon starting tomorrow!! i cannot take this anymore and dont wer all think that scientists should focus on this more? looking into it would help maybe it is some weird form of allergy reactions our skin are doing?? viral infection? idk, thanks for the suggestions!

-Cristal

The Tanning worked!!  It worked amazingly well!  I also used Aveno Oatmeal lotion after the tanning and bathed using Head and Shoulders.