I always use Banana Boat 30 sport whenever outside in order to maintain my anemic/goth/vamp look and it really works well for blocking the sun, but it stings me (esp my face) and my annoyingly 'delicate' skin. I finally came to the conclusion that this may not be a necessary evil...anyone know any decent brands?

Hiya, we had a discussion about this a while back that I learned a lot from... frankly it's winter right now and though I know you should still use an SPF I just don't... but, I'll say, when it comes to sensitive skin, it's the ingredients list you wanna take a closer peek at. Basically sunblocks can work two ways. It's either a chemical barrier or a natural, physical one. Zinc oxide seems to be most popular with folks with really dry skin and you can just order that from the web as well. You can even make your own sunscreen this way. If you still want a chemical barrier then Avobenzone is definitely the ingredient to avoid as this is what seems to cause people the irritation mostly, though there's a bunch of others that do it too. 

On my face: Purpose Intensive Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15. Like a very light suntan lotion. Doesn't clog pores or burn eyes when sweating.

Everywhere else: Coppertone Sport Ultrasweatproof/Waterproof, SPF 30.

I'm looking for probably something that doesn't exist. I want to be able to carry one bottle that will be effective (and not too expensive) to use on my body and face when cycling, running, etc. And, I need at least SPF 25, 30 or higher preferable. Yet, something that doesn't feel like its giving me a chemical peel like coppertone, neutrogena and banana boat do.

I'm about to revert back to zinc oxide (found in diaper cream for those interested in joining my trend) and try to revive the white lifeguard nose look :umno:

I have found that the stuff made for babies doesn't irritate my skin. It comes in a pink bottle. It is super-high SPF and keeps me from burning.

I was thinking the same thing. When my younger son was on chemo and his skin was ultra sensitive to the sun and sunscreen, we found a 45 SPF for him called Water Babies that did the trick. He still uses it at 6 yo.

Good idea! I will try this. I know the bottle will tell me but have you found these to be sweat/water proof? I sweat a lot....

thanks!

I believe that it is. I vaguely recall that the waterproof stuff comes in a pink bottle.

My whole family uses WaterBabies 45, or the generic version (Aire's right, it always comes in a big pink bottle with a purple lid.). If you get it in your eyes it can sting and make your eyes water, but I don't have trouble with it sweating into my eyes.

I use Kiehl's. I personally use the 15, but they make it in higher Spfs. Good stuff, as are all of their products.

Neutrogena has an SPF 45 I use on Hayden's face. It doesn't have the yucky scent that the baby lotions do. And I use the Target brand of Oil Free 23 for the Face that's good.

LaRoche-Posay sunscreen cream SPF 50 or above is wonderful. They also make a "milk" that is a runny lotion (not my fav) Anthelios has the chemical in it that is so effective and screens out UVA/UVB.

My last few tubes have come from France via eBay. Hope this helps