290lb trinewbie. Retired couch potatoe, been 6-10hrs/wk working out for the last 30 weeks.

I want to move from Sprint to Olympic distance Triathlon but I'm stuck in the run. I can do the rest already.

So what I've been doing is the following... looking for feedback, suggestions on the best way to accelerate this and maximize my return (without getting hurt of course!)

Normal RWALK (walk with a little run in it) :P
Stretch 5-10min
Walk 10-15min
Jog/Walk - Job 20-30s, then recovery for 30-90s. Repeat
Walk 10-15min
Stretch 5-10min

Try to do the Job/Walk section for 2-3 miles. This is a pokey 17min/mile pace.

I get a RWALK in 3-5x/wk. The other days I'm biking (2x/wk), swimming (1x-2x/wk), weight training (0-1x/wk)

My goal is to get to 12min/mile for 3.25 miles.
Second goal is 12 min/miles for 6.5 miles

By next spring. Also, I'd sure like to get down to 220, over the next year. That'll help the run I'm sure!

HEEEEEEEELLLPPPP!

As much as it's politically incorrect to say it, getting to your ideal weight is priority one for improving your distance running. Imagine carrying a 20-lb bag of flour in a backpack for a 3-mile run? And then imagine being able to take 4 of those 20-pounders off. It is the absolute single best thing you can do to improve. Maintaining any kind of speed with extra weight becomes exponentially difficult. Every pound gone is going to feel like gravity reversing itself and the running will be a cake walk. Believe you me. I had a few, what I call, "fat years" and had to shed 60-lbs to get to my ideal racing weight. And the way I did it was continuing to run daily 3-milers, but also get up and walk a couple and then again in the evening walk a couple more. Those extra walking miles were the absolute best way to keep the metabolism revved and the calories burning.
So, my 2-cents is to keep the program you have going, but bite the bullet and find the time to add a morning walk and an evening walk, everyday. Watch that scale drop and drop and drop.

I couldn't agree more. I've been running for a few years now, and I didn't see much improvement in speed. Well, this year I started eating a bit better, mainly just watching my portions. I lost 25 pounds, and, low and behold, my times began to drop without me even really trying.

Best of luck to you in your quest!