I stumbled across this pre-navy seals training program the other day (I was looking for stuff about pull-ups).
Any opinions/feedback as to how it looks?

thanks

RUNNING SCHEDULE I

WEEKS #1, 2: 2 miles/day, 8:30 pace, M/W/F (6 miles/ week)
WEEK #3: No running. High risk of stress fractures
WEEK #4: 3 miles/day, M/W/F (9 miles/wk)
WEEKS #5, 6: 2/3/4/2 miles, M/Tu/Th/F (11 miles/wk)
WEEKS #7,8: 4/4/5/3 miles, M/Tu/Th/F (16 miles/ wk)
WEEK #9: same as #7,8 (16 miles/ wk)

WORKOUT FOR CATEGORY II

Category II is a more intense workout designed for those who have been
involved with a routine PT schedule or those who have completed the
requirements of category I. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS WORKOUT SCHEDULE UNLESS
YOU CAN COMPLETE THE WEEK #9 LEVEL OF CATEGORY I WORKOUTS.

RUNNING SCHEDULE II
(M/TulTh/F/Sa)

WEEKS #1,2: (3/5/4/5/2)miles 19 miles/week
WEEKS #3, 4: (4/5/6/4/3) miles 22 miles/week
WEEK #5: (5/5/6/4/4) miles 24 miles/week
WEEK #6: (5/6/6/6/4) miles 27 miles/week
WEEK #7: (6/6/6/6/6) miles 30 miles/week

* Note: For weeks #8-9 and beyond, it is not necessary to increase the
distance of the runs; work on the speed of your 6 mile runs and try to get
them down to 7:30 per mile or lower. If you wish to increase the distance
of your runs, do it gradually: no more than one mile per day increase for
every week beyond week #9.

I stumbled across this pre-navy seals training program the other day (I was looking for stuff about pull-ups). Any opinions/feedback as to how it looks?
What kind of opinions are you in search of? I'd love to offer my thoughts, but what direction are you headed in?

When the British SAS would train in the Canadian Rockies, I would see them running. However, they ran in FULL gear, including heavy boots and 60-70lb packs. There is a very steep climb near Cline River with an 1100M elevation gain in just a few km's (about 30-40% or more, grade most of it) and they were expected to RUN up it in full gear. It's a tough haul with a light pack, much less full gear and arms. Those guys were incredibly fit.

(about 30-40% or more, grade most of it)
That's an incredible grade. 8O At that steepness I don't think it would be so much running as stair climbing.

They had this leaned-forward "gait" with their knees pumping up and down and they had their arms pumping in step. Like steam engines, these guys were relentless. I've done the same trail myself many times, and I can maintain a killer 5km/h pace with a light pack. At that pace, my calves are on fire and I'm breathing VERY hard. These guys would "pump" right past me with heavy packs and automatic weapons over their shoulders. Crazy. The top is 2600M above sea level (about 8500') and they would be donning their gear when I would get to the top, fully recovered. Then they would set off across the ridgelines running while I spent half an hour catching my breath. I can't imagine the training regiment required to get to that level of fitness.

Any special forces workout you do is going to be tough. Those guys have to be. My uncle was an Army Ranger. They had to do similar stuff. Not only do they have to run but they have to do 100 pushpus in two minutes and 100 situps in the same time. I personally am trying to work up to that status just for the braggint rights of saying I can physically qualify for that kinda work. Most of what they do is muslce endurance. If you look at pictures of Special Forces guys they aren't incredibly huge "The Rock" kinda guys. They look like average joe's. It's all about endurance. I have done some of these work outs before. It puts alot of pressure on you. In the actual Green Beret's every morning they do over 200 pushups, situps, and chinups, then go running for 5 or 6 miles. And it's at 6 in the morning and not always on 8 hours of sleep. in most of the training schools you get around 3 hours of sleep a night, if that. So try the first week and see how it goes. If you feel too tired I'd slow it down. Set goals to get up to that. Then do those workouts. Who knows, maybe you'll be a Navy Seal. :wink: